• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

( Blessed are the Poor in Spirit )

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
WORD OF THE DAY (— Matthew 28:5 )
"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven"

MEDITATE ON THIS ( You must be empty before you can be filled )

Greetings,

This week we begin a new series, looking at the first part of the Sermon on the Mount called the be-attitudes.
In the be-attitudes, Jesus draws a stark contrast between what the people believed holy living and genuine
happiness to be, with what it really was. The first point in the be-attitudes relates to spiritual poverty.

Jesus stated, "Blessed are the poor in spirit; for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." The path to blessedness or
supreme happiness painted by Jesus seems very foreign to the world. In a world in which we are told to love ourselves
and believe in ourselves and esteem ourselves highly, Jesus puts forth a different view of blessedness.

Jesus knew that true happiness could only be found in God, and for this to happen, we first needed to acknowledge our
spiritual poverty. When a man or woman feels that they are pretty good or that their life is almost together, they are
less likely to see their need for a savior. However, when we become poor in spirit, recognizing that our hearts are desperately wicked,
and that we do not measure up to God's standard; only then, can we begin the process of being filled with God's blessedness.

Unfortunately, we live in a world where we are full of ourselves, leaving little to no room for God to manifest God's blessed presence
to usher us in a truly blessed life. This is not an easier life, but a better and more satisfying life. Sisters and brothers in Christ,
empty yourself of self, recognize that you are lost without Jesus, because blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

Your brother in Christ,
WNL

Thought for the week:

Next week we examine the 2nd be-attitude: Blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted.

Prayer for the week:

Dear God, I pour myself out to you, a sinner in need of grace. Come
fill my empty soul, and take your rightful place. There is a throne in my
heart, reserved just for you, my soul is open, come into my life and make me brand new.

Last edited: