• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Blasphemy/The unforgiveable sin ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

we must try and understand exactly what this sin is, whether it is widespread and exactly why it is unforgiveable - all who are guilty will not accept this on their part nor on the part of those who have passed on so it goes unrepented and seemingly unrepentable and so unforgiveable - as a cover up some even say Christians cannot sin this sin and so on the way to hell and taking others with them as devils - more later - meanwhile any comments - wincam

Loyal
We are told what this is... there have been a few studies on this here over the years.

Matthew's version.

Matt 12:24; But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons."
Matt 12:25; And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, [COLOR=red] "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. [/COLOR]
Matt 12:26; [COLOR=red] "If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? [/COLOR]
Matt 12:27; [COLOR=red] "If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges. [/COLOR]
Matt 12:28; [COLOR=red] "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. [/COLOR]
Matt 12:29; [COLOR=red] "Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. [/COLOR]
Matt 12:30; [COLOR=red] "He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. [/COLOR]
Matt 12:31; [COLOR=red] "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. [/COLOR]
Matt 12:32; [COLOR=red] "Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. [/COLOR]

The Pharisees were accusing Jesus of doing things by the power of Satan... Jesus lets them know it was the power of God.

Luke 12:10; [COLOR=red] "And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him. [/COLOR]

Now why did Jesus even say this to the Pharisees? Mark has the answer.

Mark 3:22; The scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, "He is possessed by Beelzebul," and "He casts out the demons by the ruler of the demons."
Mark 3:23; And He called them to Himself and began speaking to them in parables, [COLOR=red] "How can Satan cast out Satan? [/COLOR]
Mark 3:24; [COLOR=red] "If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. [/COLOR]
Mark 3:25; [COLOR=red] "If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. [/COLOR]
Mark 3:26; [COLOR=red] "If Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but he is finished! [/COLOR]
Mark 3:27; [COLOR=red] "But no one can enter the strong man's house and plunder his property unless he first binds the strong man, and then he will plunder his house. [/COLOR]
Mark 3:28; [COLOR=red] "Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; [/COLOR]
Mark 3:29; [COLOR=red] but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin"— [/COLOR]
Mark 3:30; because they were saying, "He has an unclean spirit."

Notice Mark 3:30. -- because they were saying, "He has an unclean spirit

If we say things done by the power of the Holy Spirit are being done by Satan ( casting out demons by Beelzebul for example )
then we are blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

I've seen people say speaking in tongues is of the devil.... this is very thin ice.

We are told what this is... there have been a few studies on this here over the years.

Matthew's version.

Matt 12:24; But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons."
Matt 12:25; And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, [COLOR=red] "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. [/COLOR]
Matt 12:26; [COLOR=red] "If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? [/COLOR]
Matt 12:27; [COLOR=red] "If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges. [/COLOR]
Matt 12:28; [COLOR=red] "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. [/COLOR]
Matt 12:29; [COLOR=red] "Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. [/COLOR]
Matt 12:30; [COLOR=red] "He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. [/COLOR]
Matt 12:31; [COLOR=red] "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. [/COLOR]
Matt 12:32; [COLOR=red] "Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. [/COLOR]

The Pharisees were accusing Jesus of doing things by the power of Satan... Jesus lets them know it was the power of God.

Luke 12:10; [COLOR=red] "And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him. [/COLOR]

Now why did Jesus even say this to the Pharisees? Mark has the answer.

Mark 3:22; The scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, "He is possessed by Beelzebul," and "He casts out the demons by the ruler of the demons."
Mark 3:23; And He called them to Himself and began speaking to them in parables, [COLOR=red] "How can Satan cast out Satan? [/COLOR]
Mark 3:24; [COLOR=red] "If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. [/COLOR]
Mark 3:25; [COLOR=red] "If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. [/COLOR]
Mark 3:26; [COLOR=red] "If Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but he is finished! [/COLOR]
Mark 3:27; [COLOR=red] "But no one can enter the strong man's house and plunder his property unless he first binds the strong man, and then he will plunder his house. [/COLOR]
Mark 3:28; [COLOR=red] "Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; [/COLOR]
Mark 3:29; [COLOR=red] but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin"— [/COLOR]
Mark 3:30; because they were saying, "He has an unclean spirit."

Notice Mark 3:30. -- because they were saying, "He has an unclean spirit

If we say things done by the power of the Holy Spirit are being done by Satan ( casting out demons by Beelzebul for example )
then we are blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

I've seen people say speaking in tongues is of the devil.... this is very thin ice.

what about saying 'he has an unclean spirit' if anyone says things done by Satan are being done by the Holy Spirit - as for speaking in tongues see Heb 1:2 and listen to John MacArthur in 'strange Fire' p- wincam

Loyal
so what's o wrong about being a slave for God than a slave for the devil or the flesh etc - we are His slaves truly He owns us but we have been kidnapped by the devil from whom He sets us free - wincam
Nothing -- unless you believe everyone is going to be saved. Even those who aren't slaves.

Staff Member
so what's o wrong about being a slave for God than a slave for the devil or the flesh etc - we are His slaves truly He owns us but we have been kidnapped by the devil from whom He sets us free - wincam
No we are not slaves @wincam

[COLOR=#006600]But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Galatians 4:7[/COLOR]

No we are not slaves @wincam

[COLOR=rgb(0, 102, 0)]But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Galatians 4:7[/COLOR]

give me a chance to get round to that in my future topics 'image and likeness' and 'Choice, Chosen, Freewill' = Scripture cannot be wrong but can be wrongly interpreted imho - btw iimho Galatians is not directly addressed to you and I - it seems you have jumped to 4:7and ignored what came before imho - wincam

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B-A-C Bible Discussions 52
Travis Bible Discussions 22
RJ Evidence & Prophecy 22