• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Biblically sound preachers

Hello, please can someone recommend some biblically sound preachers ?

Having tried listening to some well known names, Ive become wary now of following them.

I'd be really grateful to hear of someone that clearly takes you through the bible systematically or who has written a commentary.

Thanks for any help you are able to give.

Edit: just realised there is the sermon area of the forum!! But still grateful to hear of those that regularly have really helped your walk.....

Last edited:
Staff Member

Having tried listening to some well known names, Ive become wary now of following them.

I'd be really grateful to hear of someone that clearly takes you through the bible systematically or who has written a commentary.

Edit: just realised there is the sermon area of the forum!! But still grateful to hear of those that regularly have really helped your walk.....
Dear SeekerofTruth,
Maybe, if you provided a list of some of the ones that you have listened to and are wary of. Not to discuss what exactly made you wary of them, which can be a subject for another day, but rather so that others replying to you, won't post those you've already listened to. Also, prevents further discussions meant for another day! :)

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Active

The ones who have proven valuable to me are -

Bob Mumford
Derek Prince
Charles Schmitt
Malcom Smith
Corrie Ten Boom
Joyce Meyer
Greg White

Dear SeekerofTruth,
Maybe, if you provided a list of some of the ones that you have listened to and are wary of. Not to discuss what exactly made you wary of them, which can be a subject for another day, but rather so that others replying to you, won't post those you've already listened to. Also, prevents further discussions meant for another day! :)

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
Thank you for your kind reply. I dont want to discredit anyone who may be sound.....perhaps it was a mistake and I should have asked first, but I looked at some apologetics ministries to help me find someone but in the end I got more confused as there seemed to be so many warnings.

In the past a long time back I was introduced to

Andrew Wommack, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer, Kenneth Copeland, edit also John Bevere from the US

And Derek Prince and Colin Urquhart from the UK

Last year or so ago someone I know has been trying to encourage me to look at Bethel teachers - Bill Johnson, also Todd White,

I did listen to Charles Stanley for sometime

Others I've wondered about are Alistair Begg and Nicky Gumbel, I've just bought a book by Nicky Gumbel but another pastor I had contact with was wary of him too!

I think I really do need someone with a very clear approach, who is able to help you see the context then as well as encourage you to apply Gods teachings today

Really I'd like something I can purchase from someone to refer to at home.

Again, particularly with Alistair Begg and Nicky Gumbel, perhaps I was too quick to distance myself.

The ones who have proven valuable to me are -

Bob Mumford
Derek Prince
Charles Schmitt
Malcom Smith
Corrie Ten Boom
Joyce Meyer
Greg White
Thank you for kindly sharing who has helped you the most. There are four there I'm not familiar with so I may investigate later.

Loyal

Seach this sight and explore it.

Active

If you're looking for deep systematic teaching I'd recommend 4windsfellowships.net. The BBI series is extremely informative.

Loyal
DTBM here is a great teacher

one thing you must study the word on your own, the Holly spirit is the one who ultimatley is the teacher. People that are grounded in the word of God still disagree on some things. But on core beliefs we all beieve in the same thing,

first and very important is look at how teachers talk about Jesus. Jesus is God in the flesh, and must be respected with the most honor possible. If you here any negative talk about Jesus be careful.

Staff Member
Here is a link to a radio station that provides podcasts for a variety of preachers.
They even carry Ravi Zacharias who has gone home to be with the Lord.
I hope you will find one or more that will help you grow in God's Word.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Here is a link to a radio station that provides podcasts for a variety of preachers.
They even carry Ravi Zacharias who has gone home to be with the Lord.
I hope you will find one or more that will help you grow in God's Word.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Thank you!! God bless.

Staff Member
Oh!! It's not available in my region, but its got me thinking about radio...
You might be able to find in online, which should bypass the region. Some of the broadcasts are from churches located all around the USA. States like Georgia, California, New Jersey, New York etc. It also doesn't necessarily require a download. You can listen right from your PC, or if you use your phone, you should also be able to find it through one of the download stores for free. Just look for "The Bridge Radio" which covers NJ/NY area, but because it is a download, you can listen to it as well, like I do from Delaware.

But you're right, in thinking about radio. The local stations normally have a variety of churches as well who do broadcast. It's just a matter of seeing what's available in the locale where you live.
Praying all the best for you.
God bless.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Hello SeekerofTruth, if you are looking for a preacher who teaches systematically from the bible I would definitely recommend Victor T Houteff's work in the Sheperd's rod and his other writings found here

His method of understanding the bible breaks down everything word by word and it gives valuable principles to understanding how the bible should be interpreted without leaving any part or any words out. For these principles I would highly recommend studying his works, with my one word of caution being that he does quote from Ellen white somewhat frequently, but every interpretation he gives has scriptural backing also, so if you don't agree with what she wrote wholesale(which I do not) just ignore those quotes or don't factor them into the process of understanding instead just focus on the scripture being quoted/examined.

Hope this helps,
God bless you as you continue to grow in his word and in understanding

Hello SeekerofTruth, if you are looking for a preacher who teaches systematically from the bible I would definitely recommend Victor T Houteff's work in the Sheperd's rod and his other writings found here

His method of understanding the bible breaks down everything word by word and it gives valuable principles to understanding how the bible should be interpreted without leaving any part or any words out. For these principles I would highly recommend studying his works, with my one word of caution being that he does quote from Ellen white somewhat frequently, but every interpretation he gives has scriptural backing also, so if you don't agree with what she wrote wholesale(which I do not) just ignore those quotes or don't factor them into the process of understanding instead just focus on the scripture being quoted/examined.

Hope this helps,
God bless you as you continue to grow in his word and in understanding
Hi, thanks for your reply....I think it may be best for me not to look at this though, because of the link with Ellen Whites teaching.

Thank you for your kind reply. I dont want to discredit anyone who may be sound.....perhaps it was a mistake and I should have asked first, but I looked at some apologetics ministries to help me find someone but in the end I got more confused as there seemed to be so many warnings.

In the past a long time back I was introduced to

Andrew Wommack, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer, Kenneth Copeland, edit also John Bevere from the US

And Derek Prince and Colin Urquhart from the UK

Last year or so ago someone I know has been trying to encourage me to look at Bethel teachers - Bill Johnson, also Todd White,

I did listen to Charles Stanley for sometime

Others I've wondered about are Alistair Begg and Nicky Gumbel, I've just bought a book by Nicky Gumbel but another pastor I had contact with was wary of him too!

I think I really do need someone with a very clear approach, who is able to help you see the context then as well as encourage you to apply Gods teachings today

Really I'd like something I can purchase from someone to refer to at home.

Again, particularly with Alistair Begg and Nicky Gumbel, perhaps I was too quick to distance myself.

I just wanted to say it seems like God is helping you discern and that too helps you grow.
I don't listen to any popular preachers most have unfortunately fallen away. The Holy Spirit will teach you. I pray that you continue you to trust God and question some of the people you have listened to in the past. You are on the right path my friend. God will not lead you astray keep close to Him.
Blessings in His Mighty Name
Jen

I just wanted to say it seems like God is helping you discern and that too helps you grow.
I don't listen to any popular preachers most have unfortunately fallen away. The Holy Spirit will teach you. I pray that you continue you to trust God and question some of the people you have listened to in the past. You are on the right path my friend. God will not lead you astray keep close to Him.
Blessings in His Mighty Name
Jen
Thanks for encouraging me, I really appreciate it.
God bless,
Seeker