• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

bible study

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

we started a bible study last week had nine people show up in a snowstorm we studied second timothy i am really excited i would love to hear yalls bible study stories formats what works best for your groups etc etc all praise to the greatest name of all jesus Christ

yes mam i have and i believe we are going to do james .the way we did it the first week was a person would read a paragraph or 2 then we would discuss what we just read

Active
No I mean everytime you gather together for study make sure you have a time of prayer before you start studying and reading the bible. It doesnt have to be long but dont start before you've all prayed. One person can open in prayer and everyone can agree but just make sure you have that quiet time so God can speak.

o yes absolutely we prayed before the first one and we will pray before everyone i try to pray before everything cause i know as soon as i step out of gods will it all goes to crap ty for the reminder we can never pray enough

Least amongst the Best
Staff Member
Greetings,

i would love to hear yalls bible study stories formats what works best for your groups etc etc all praise to the greatest name of all jesus Christ
probably the best way for brothers to come together for study is if they are constantly meditating on what they will be studying before they get there. That means, of course, that each and all should know what it is that will be studied.
When we get together, read the Scripture and give thanks to the Lord for it and for the ability He has given us to understand and come together around the Scripture, for edification, reproof, instruction and fellowship.
We have found that a rigid format doesn't work but a trusting the Lord to lead and open our eyes and ears to His Word. Each is able to speak [one at a time, of course] and is encouraged to. As often as possible the Scripture read can be 'opened up' with other Scripture. Interpretation is welcome and always kept in line by Scripture.
Sometimes we discover ourselves in a completely different place and that's OK. A big part is letting the Lord take us to where He knows is best and willingly being teachable by Him, in fellowship one with another.

We need to remember that God is not interested in us getting religious about Scripture but He is very, intimately, interested in us being in true fellowship in Him, together.
It is always good to be able to pray for one another before the 'study' is over and if possible to touch base as often as possible to discuss any understanding that 'comes to us' in the following days. Bible Study should not be a set time, by the clock, only for that allotted time religious routine. If you do not find joy in Sharing the Scripture and learning together then there is little point in pretending.
------------------------------

What part of James were you going to look at? There is a lot in it.

Bless you and thank you for sharing ....><>

ty i had planned on starting at the first and reading a few paragraphs and just let the discussion start from there and see where the lords leads it i really appreciate your input