• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Bible Corruptions

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Every single word in the Bible is vitally important. Any attempt to add, delete or change a word
or text in the word of God, especially in the book of Revelation (Rev 22:19), will attract the wrath of God.

The Bible is the guide to the sanctification and salvation of our souls.
It is how we understand what God's will is. In it are the commandments and words that direct
us in the way in which we are to live to be found worthy of the kingdom of God.

Therefore we need to make sure we are reading from the uncorrupted word of God.
Which to me and many other English readers is found in the King James Bible.

The King James Bible was translated out of the original tongues with former
translations diligently compared and revised by the command of King James. 47 of the best scribes
in the Church of England worked from 1604 to 1611 to complete the work. Creating the original 1611 editon
of the King James Bible.
The following editions up to 1880 were mainly for standardizing the spelling and fixing printing mistakes.
From archaic English to modern English. Here's a few examples.

blinde ---> blind
sinne ---> sin
almightie ---> almighty
raigned ---> reigned
receiue ---> receive
certainetie --> certainty

The meaning of the words have never changed as they have in corrupted Bibles.

Many of us read from the 1762 or 1769 or later editions of the King James Bible.
The same words as the original 1611 edition, only the spelling of the words has been updated.
You can have full confidence in your Kings James Bible.

Beware alterations that attempt to exploit the King James name,
such as the New King James Version.

Most modern Bibles are translated from Westcott & Hort's Greek New Testament.
These two men were known heretics with much evidence proving they were deeply involved in the occult.
Even founding two secret societies. The Hermes Club and the Ghostly Guild.
There is plenty of webpages exposing Westcott & Hort so I won't go into much detail here.

What I would like to examine here is what these corrupted Bibles do that is so bad.

If you compare the King James Bible with modern Bibles such as the NIV, NASV, NKJV, ESV, ASV,
RSV, JB, LB, TEV, NEB, NRSV, NAB, CEV, NBV and many others, you will notice there are thousands of
words and verses changed or omitted (removed). You will notice critical points completely altered.
You will begin to notice there are evil agendas in these corrupted Bibles.

Here are some of the blasphemous attacks these wicked Bibles make on the word of God.

Attack on the deity of Jesus Christ by changing the word God to He, changing the word
Christ to One, changing Christ's own words when He says "my Father" to "the Father" and more.
References for you to compare between Bibles:
[Timothy 3:16 / Daniel 3:25 / Acts 3:13,26 / Philippians 2:6 / Acts 8:37 / John 6:69]
[John 9:35 / Matthew 20:20 / John 4:42 / Acts 15:11 / Acts 16:31 / Romans 1:3/ 1 Corinthians 5:4]
[Ephesians 3:14 / 1 Thessalonians 2:19 / 1 Thessalonians 3:11 / 2 Thessalonians 1:8]
[John 14:28 / Philippians 4:13 / Acts 7:59]

They completely remove verses about Christ coming in the flesh or about His flesh.
This is an attack on the incarnation of Christ.
[John 4:3 / Acts 2:30 / Ephesians 5:30]

They alter scripture concerning the virgin birth of Jesus. Changing verses to indicate
that He was born of an earthly father and altering verses to cast doubt upon the virginity
of Mary at Jesus' birth.
[Matthew 1:25 / Luke 2:33 / Luke 2:43]

They attack the atonement of Christ of which we are pardoned from our very sins through His blood.
[Colossians 1:14,24 / 1 Corinthians 11:24 / 1 Corinthians 5:7 / 1 Peter 4:1]
[Ephesians 1:14 / Hebrews 1:3]

They question almost every appearance of Jesus after His resurrection, causing doubts
concerning His bodily resurrection and deity.
[Mark 16:9-20 / Luke 9:31 / Acts 1:3 / Ephesians 5:30]
[Luke 13:12 / Luke 24:12,40]

They remove almost every mention of Christ's ascension into Heaven where He now is.
[John 16:16 / Luke 24:51 / Mark 16:19 / John 3:13]

They attack the Godhead. The manifestation of God to us through
the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
[1 John 5:7 / Isaiah 48:16 / Romans 1:20 / Acts 17:29 / Colossians 2:9]

They attack the justification of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.
(let us not forget that we are only given faith when we strictly obey God)
[Acts 8:37 / Romans 11:6 / Romans 11:30-32 / Hebrews 3:18]
[Galatians 5:22 / John 6:47 / Hebrews 1:3 / Mark 10:24 / Matthew 6:22]

Alterations and omissions diminish the authority of Scripture and discourage
confidence in its divine inspiration and preservation.
[Luke 4:4 / Psalm 12:6,7 / 2 John 9 / 2 Corinthians 2:17]

Attack on the masculine deity of God. New versions frequently change masculine
words referring to God to the neuter "One". False religions of this world
often identify their god as "the One". The new "Politically Correct" bible calls
God, "Father-Mother", and Christ, "the human one".
[John 7:8 / Colossians 3:10 / John 6:69 / Revelation 1:18]
[John 12:45 / John 15:21 / Matthew 13:37]

In the only passage of Scripture which describes Lucifer's iniquity and
fall into hell, most new versions omit the name Lucifer
and confuse his identity with Jesus Christ.
[Isaiah 14:12 / Luke 4:8]

New versions exalt man to being "a little lower than God" and omit many references
to his fallen spiritual condition. Cults, the New Age and false religions also
raise mankind to the level of being divine or in the process of evolving into gods.
[Psalm 8:5 / Matthew 18:11 / Colossians 3:6 / Mark 15:28]

[New versions frequently delete words such as "righteousness", "holy", "perfect"
and other requirements of the sanctified life. As a result, the gospel is brought
into reproach by worldliness and corruption in the church.
[1 Thessalonians 5:27 / 2 Peter 1:21 / 1 Peter 1:22 / 1 Corinthians 2:6 / 2 Timothy 3:17]
[Proverbs 21:21 / 1 Peter 2:12 / Titus 1:8 / Jude 1:1 / Mark 10:21 / Matthew 20:16]
[Romans 8:1 / Matthew 5:44 / 2 Timothy 2:15 / 1 Timothy 4:15 / Revelation 22:14]

Attack on prayer. New versions remove 21 words from The Lord's Prayer in
Luke chapter 11 and words of instruction on prayer in other passages.
[Luke 11:2-4 / Matthew 6:13 / Mark 13:33]
[Luke 21:36 / Acts 1:14 / James 5:16 / Mark 9:29]

Important references to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ to establish His
reign upon earth are often omitted in the new versions. The New Age Movement,
cults and apostate religions believe that "the Christ" is already on the
earth and will soon be revealed. Sadly they will get the Antichrist
who cometh first to deceive the world.
[Matthew 6:13 / Matthew 25:13 / Revelation 11:15,17 / Titus 2:13 / John 18:36]

New versions change "sin" to "guilt", thus relieving man of his accountability
and placing the blame on God. Rewording of 1 John 5:19 blames the devil
for sin, as did Eve. Modern psychology in the church reflects this
propensity to transfer responsibility for sin rather than to repent. New versions
alter many verses pertaining to sin in order to present it in less relevant,
personal and severe terms.
[Luke 7:30 / 1 Corinthians 5:1-6,13 / Ephesians 5:5 / Galatians 5:19]
[Deuteronomy 23:17 / 1 Timothy 1:10 / Galatians 5:21 / Romans 13:9]
[1 Thessalonians 2:3 / Mark 10:24 / 1 Timothy 6:10 / Mark 11:26 / Matthew 5:22]
[John 7:53 / John 8:11 / Isaiah 53:10 / 1 John 5:19 / Revelation 2:15]
[2 Timothy 3:2,3 / Titus 2:5 / Revelation 22:11 / 2 Corinthians 4:2 / Matthew 23:14]

References to a final Day of Judgment are often missing in new versions.
New Age prophets teach that, since God is love, He does not judge anyone &
belief in a literal hell and fear of God's judgment are both foolishness and
and offence to modern man.
[Daniel 7:10 / Matthew 5:21 / Mark 6:11 / Luke 17:36 / 2 Corinthians 5:11]
[Revelation 6:17 / Revelation 12:12 / Revelation 15:3,4]
[Revelation 21:24 / Revelation 22:19]

And I have no doubt there are many other blasphemous and corrupt things
do they to the word of God.

I believe there is none of that in the King James Bible and that it is the purest translation of original manuscripts for all English readers.

Active
Every single word in the Bible is vitally important. Any attempt to add, delete or change a word
or text in the word of God, especially in the book of Revelation (Rev 22:19), will attract the wrath of God.

The Bible is the guide to the sanctification and salvation of our souls.
It is how we understand what God's will is. In it are the commandments and words that direct
us in the way in which we are to live to be found worthy of the kingdom of God.

Therefore we need to make sure we are reading from the uncorrupted word of God.
Which to me and many other English readers is found in the King James Bible.

The King James Bible was translated out of the original tongues with former
translations diligently compared and revised by the command of King James. 47 of the best scribes
in the Church of England worked from 1604 to 1611 to complete the work. Creating the original 1611 editon
of the King James Bible.
The following editions up to 1880 were mainly for standardizing the spelling and fixing printing mistakes.
From archaic English to modern English. Here's a few examples.

blinde ---> blind
sinne ---> sin
almightie ---> almighty
raigned ---> reigned
receiue ---> receive
certainetie --> certainty

The meaning of the words have never changed as they have in corrupted Bibles.

Many of us read from the 1762 or 1769 or later editions of the King James Bible.
The same words as the original 1611 edition, only the spelling of the words has been updated.
You can have full confidence in your Kings James Bible.

Beware alterations that attempt to exploit the King James name,
such as the New King James Version.

Most modern Bibles are translated from Westcott & Hort's Greek New Testament.
These two men were known heretics with much evidence proving they were deeply involved in the occult.
Even founding two secret societies. The Hermes Club and the Ghostly Guild.
There is plenty of webpages exposing Westcott & Hort so I won't go into much detail here.

What I would like to examine here is what these corrupted Bibles do that is so bad.

If you compare the King James Bible with modern Bibles such as the NIV, NASV, NKJV, ESV, ASV,
RSV, JB, LB, TEV, NEB, NRSV, NAB, CEV, NBV and many others, you will notice there are thousands of
words and verses changed or omitted (removed). You will notice critical points completely altered.
You will begin to notice there are evil agendas in these corrupted Bibles.

Here are some of the blasphemous attacks these wicked Bibles make on the word of God.

Attack on the deity of Jesus Christ by changing the word God to He, changing the word
Christ to One, changing Christ's own words when He says "my Father" to "the Father" and more.
References for you to compare between Bibles:
[Timothy 3:16 / Daniel 3:25 / Acts 3:13,26 / Philippians 2:6 / Acts 8:37 / John 6:69]
[John 9:35 / Matthew 20:20 / John 4:42 / Acts 15:11 / Acts 16:31 / Romans 1:3/ 1 Corinthians 5:4]
[Ephesians 3:14 / 1 Thessalonians 2:19 / 1 Thessalonians 3:11 / 2 Thessalonians 1:8]
[John 14:28 / Philippians 4:13 / Acts 7:59]

They completely remove verses about Christ coming in the flesh or about His flesh.
This is an attack on the incarnation of Christ.
[John 4:3 / Acts 2:30 / Ephesians 5:30]

They alter scripture concerning the virgin birth of Jesus. Changing verses to indicate
that He was born of an earthly father and altering verses to cast doubt upon the virginity
of Mary at Jesus' birth.
[Matthew 1:25 / Luke 2:33 / Luke 2:43]

They attack the atonement of Christ of which we are pardoned from our very sins through His blood.
[Colossians 1:14,24 / 1 Corinthians 11:24 / 1 Corinthians 5:7 / 1 Peter 4:1]
[Ephesians 1:14 / Hebrews 1:3]

They question almost every appearance of Jesus after His resurrection, causing doubts
concerning His bodily resurrection and deity.
[Mark 16:9-20 / Luke 9:31 / Acts 1:3 / Ephesians 5:30]
[Luke 13:12 / Luke 24:12,40]

They remove almost every mention of Christ's ascension into Heaven where He now is.
[John 16:16 / Luke 24:51 / Mark 16:19 / John 3:13]

They attack the Godhead. The manifestation of God to us through
the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
[1 John 5:7 / Isaiah 48:16 / Romans 1:20 / Acts 17:29 / Colossians 2:9]

They attack the justification of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.
(let us not forget that we are only given faith when we strictly obey God)
[Acts 8:37 / Romans 11:6 / Romans 11:30-32 / Hebrews 3:18]
[Galatians 5:22 / John 6:47 / Hebrews 1:3 / Mark 10:24 / Matthew 6:22]

Alterations and omissions diminish the authority of Scripture and discourage
confidence in its divine inspiration and preservation.
[Luke 4:4 / Psalm 12:6,7 / 2 John 9 / 2 Corinthians 2:17]

Attack on the masculine deity of God. New versions frequently change masculine
words referring to God to the neuter "One". False religions of this world
often identify their god as "the One". The new "Politically Correct" bible calls
God, "Father-Mother", and Christ, "the human one".
[John 7:8 / Colossians 3:10 / John 6:69 / Revelation 1:18]
[John 12:45 / John 15:21 / Matthew 13:37]

In the only passage of Scripture which describes Lucifer's iniquity and
fall into hell, most new versions omit the name Lucifer
and confuse his identity with Jesus Christ.
[Isaiah 14:12 / Luke 4:8]

New versions exalt man to being "a little lower than God" and omit many references
to his fallen spiritual condition. Cults, the New Age and false religions also
raise mankind to the level of being divine or in the process of evolving into gods.
[Psalm 8:5 / Matthew 18:11 / Colossians 3:6 / Mark 15:28]

[New versions frequently delete words such as "righteousness", "holy", "perfect"
and other requirements of the sanctified life. As a result, the gospel is brought
into reproach by worldliness and corruption in the church.
[1 Thessalonians 5:27 / 2 Peter 1:21 / 1 Peter 1:22 / 1 Corinthians 2:6 / 2 Timothy 3:17]
[Proverbs 21:21 / 1 Peter 2:12 / Titus 1:8 / Jude 1:1 / Mark 10:21 / Matthew 20:16]
[Romans 8:1 / Matthew 5:44 / 2 Timothy 2:15 / 1 Timothy 4:15 / Revelation 22:14]

Attack on prayer. New versions remove 21 words from The Lord's Prayer in
Luke chapter 11 and words of instruction on prayer in other passages.
[Luke 11:2-4 / Matthew 6:13 / Mark 13:33]
[Luke 21:36 / Acts 1:14 / James 5:16 / Mark 9:29]

Important references to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ to establish His
reign upon earth are often omitted in the new versions. The New Age Movement,
cults and apostate religions believe that "the Christ" is already on the
earth and will soon be revealed. Sadly they will get the Antichrist
who cometh first to deceive the world.
[Matthew 6:13 / Matthew 25:13 / Revelation 11:15,17 / Titus 2:13 / John 18:36]

New versions change "sin" to "guilt", thus relieving man of his accountability
and placing the blame on God. Rewording of 1 John 5:19 blames the devil
for sin, as did Eve. Modern psychology in the church reflects this
propensity to transfer responsibility for sin rather than to repent. New versions
alter many verses pertaining to sin in order to present it in less relevant,
personal and severe terms.
[Luke 7:30 / 1 Corinthians 5:1-6,13 / Ephesians 5:5 / Galatians 5:19]
[Deuteronomy 23:17 / 1 Timothy 1:10 / Galatians 5:21 / Romans 13:9]
[1 Thessalonians 2:3 / Mark 10:24 / 1 Timothy 6:10 / Mark 11:26 / Matthew 5:22]
[John 7:53 / John 8:11 / Isaiah 53:10 / 1 John 5:19 / Revelation 2:15]
[2 Timothy 3:2,3 / Titus 2:5 / Revelation 22:11 / 2 Corinthians 4:2 / Matthew 23:14]

References to a final Day of Judgment are often missing in new versions.
New Age prophets teach that, since God is love, He does not judge anyone &
belief in a literal hell and fear of God's judgment are both foolishness and
and offence to modern man.
[Daniel 7:10 / Matthew 5:21 / Mark 6:11 / Luke 17:36 / 2 Corinthians 5:11]
[Revelation 6:17 / Revelation 12:12 / Revelation 15:3,4]
[Revelation 21:24 / Revelation 22:19]

And I have no doubt there are many other blasphemous and corrupt things
do they to the word of God.

I believe there is none of that in the King James Bible and that it is the purest translation of original manuscripts for all English readers.
I hate to burst your bubble but the King James has it's issues too. Are you aware that there are different text families? Some of the modern translations come from a different text than the one used for the KJV.

Active
I hate to burst your bubble but the King James has it's issues too. Are you aware that there are different text families? Some of the modern translations come from a different text than the one used for the KJV.
How can you be a Christian Butch? You appear to search scripture to find faults not truth, If one can't rely on the Word of God, what can they rely on? You! Millions of people throughout the world have found Jesus in the written Word. It seems, that your mission in life is to put doubt into the minds of believers. I thought that, was the job of Satan. Do you doubt that God can speak to believers through the Written Word? Is he so inept that he needs Butch to show people the truth?

Active
How can you be a Christian Butch? You appear to search scripture to find faults not truth, If one can't rely on the Word of God, what can they rely on? You! Millions of people throughout the world have found Jesus in the written Word. It seems, that your mission in life is to put doubt into the minds of believers. I thought that, was the job of Satan. Do you doubt that God can speak to believers through the Written Word? Is he so inept that he needs Butch to show people the truth?
Of course you didn't engage the text I posted. If you choose to hide behind a cloak of ignorance that is your prerogative. However, some of us seek the truth.

Active
Of course you didn't engage the text I posted. If you choose to hide behind a cloak of ignorance that is your prerogative. However, some of us seek the truth.
You want to watch out Butch, you might find in seeking it, you might miss it. Are you saying that all those millions throughout the centuries that found their truth through reading scripture didn't find it because as you say the scriptures are corrupted?

Active
You want to watch out Butch, you might find in seeking it, you might miss it. Are you saying that all those millions throughout the centuries that found their truth through reading scripture didn't find it because as you say the scriptures are corrupted?
I didn't say the Scriptures were corrupted. I simply questioned the translations of "MEN". If you choose to blindly accept what they say that is your prerogative. However, don't be surprised when you run into problems.

Hebrews 10:5-6 ( KJV ) . 5Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

Here is a quote where Paul quotes the Old Testament. The phrase, "a body hast thou prepared me" is the key to his argument. Paul said, "wherefore when he cometh into the worldl, he saith". What did He say? He said, "Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure." Where dd he say it? It's from Psalm 40:6

Psalms 40:6 ( KJV ) 6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

As we read Psalm 40:6 we see that that is not what Paul quoted. Paul's quote of what was said included the phrase, "a body hast thou prepared me". Paul didn't say anything about opening ears. His whole argument relies on the phrase, "a body hast thou prepared me:" If his readers were to go back an look at what we find in the Masoretic text of the OT they would argue, no Paul, that's not what it says. However, Paul's readers weren't reading the Masoretic text that is used in the KJV and many other modern translations. The were reading the Septuagint, the Greek OT. What do we find in the Septuagint?

6 Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not; but a body hast thou prepared me: whole-burnt-offering and sacrifice for sin thou didst not require.

Well, there is the phrase that Paul quoted. So, it's in the Septuagint, the Greek Old Testament, but we don't find it in the Hebrew Masoretic text which is what the KJV uses. Paul was inspired in his writings. Paul quoted the Septuagint so we know that that is the correct reading. So, if the KIV is the only inspired English translation how can it not be quoting the Septuagint rather than the Masoretic text

Active
I didn't say the Scriptures were corrupted. I simply questioned the translations of "MEN". If you choose to blindly accept what they say that is your prerogative. However, don't be surprised when you run into problems.

Hebrews 10:5-6 ( KJV ) . 5Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

Here is a quote where Paul quotes the Old Testament. The phrase, "a body hast thou prepared me" is the key to his argument. Paul said, "wherefore when he cometh into the worldl, he saith". What did He say? He said, "Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure." Where dd he say it? It's from Psalm 40:6

Psalms 40:6 ( KJV ) 6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

As we read Psalm 40:6 we see that that is not what Paul quoted. Paul's quote of what was said included the phrase, "a body hast thou prepared me". Paul didn't say anything about opening ears. His whole argument relies on the phrase, "a body hast thou prepared me:" If his readers were to go back an look at what we find in the Masoretic text of the OT they would argue, no Paul, that's not what it says. However, Paul's readers weren't reading the Masoretic text that is used in the KJV and many other modern translations. The were reading the Septuagint, the Greek OT. What do we find in the Septuagint?

6 Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not; but a body hast thou prepared me: whole-burnt-offering and sacrifice for sin thou didst not require.

Well, there is the phrase that Paul quoted. So, it's in the Septuagint, the Greek Old Testament, but we don't find it in the Hebrew Masoretic text which is what the KJV uses. Paul was inspired in his writings. Paul quoted the Septuagint so we know that that is the correct reading. So, if the KIV is the only inspired English translation how can it not be quoting the Septuagint rather than the Masoretic text
Whichever text is being referred to Butch, the KJV has brought millions to Christ as has the NIV and others. It's a bit like having a jigsaw puzzle with a piece missing, the scholar finds the missing piece and proves there is a flaw in the puzzle, the humble man sees the picture.

Active
Whichever text is being referred to Butch, the KJV has brought millions to Christ as has the NIV and others. It's a bit like having a jigsaw puzzle with a piece missing, the scholar finds the missing piece and proves there is a flaw in the puzzle, the humble man sees the picture.
If you look at the post you originally quoted I said the KJV had issues, ie, it's not inspired. I never said that people wouldn't learn the Gospel from reading it. The lack of critical thinking among so many Christians is one of the reasons there is so much confusion in the church today. That confusion hampers the Church's ability to reach the lost. Many Christians can't defend what they believe because of this confusion. When challenged to, "be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you" (1 Pet. 3:15 KJV) they can't. Many look at Christians and conclude that they don't even know what they believe. One church teaches one thing and another the exact opposite, and all claim this comes from the Bible which they say is infallible. How are the lost to know what the Bible teaches when 10 different Christians all tell them 10 different things? Is it any wonder they walk away? Too many atheists have Christians running in circles because they can't defend what they believe. Then they mock Christianity. All of this could be avoided with a little critical thinking and a lot more humility. If Christians were as worried about getting to the truth as they are about protecting their pet doctrines we could reach a whole lot more lost people.

Active
If you look at the post you originally quoted I said the KJV had issues, ie, it's not inspired. I never said that people wouldn't learn the Gospel from reading it. The lack of critical thinking among so many Christians is one of the reasons there is so much confusion in the church today. That confusion hampers the Church's ability to reach the lost. Many Christians can't defend what they believe because of this confusion. When challenged to, "be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you" (1 Pet. 3:15 KJV) they can't. Many look at Christians and conclude that they don't even know what they believe. One church teaches one thing and another the exact opposite, and all claim this comes from the Bible which they say is infallible. How are the lost to know what the Bible teaches when 10 different Christians all tell them 10 different things? Is it any wonder they walk away? Too many atheists have Christians running in circles because they can't defend what they believe. Then they mock Christianity. All of this could be avoided with a little critical thinking and a lot more humility. If Christians were as worried about getting to the truth as they are about protecting their pet doctrines we could reach a whole lot more lost people.
Do you realise what you're saying? To claim that the KJV is not inspired is saying that it can't inspire which means that those who have been inspired by it, were not being inspired by God. And if you say that the NIV is not inspired, your saying that the inspiration that I've received through it, was not from God. What you're actually saying is that the only font of knowledge that is infallible is you. That, my friend, is, if your wrong, Blasphemy. Were you in the hearts of the men that translated the KJV or the NIV to know whether or not they were inspired? To claim they weren't, if they were, is to blaspheme the spirit that inspired them, are you really sure you wish to stand on that claim? Pride is one thing, losing your salvation is quite another.

Active
Do you realise what you're saying? To claim that the KJV is not inspired is saying that it can't inspire which means that those who have been inspired by it, were not being inspired by God. And if you say that the NIV is not inspired, your saying that the inspiration that I've received through it, was not from God. What you're actually saying is that the only font of knowledge that is infallible is you. That, my friend, is, if your wrong, Blasphemy. Were you in the hearts of the men that translated the KJV or the NIV to know whether or not they were inspired? To claim they weren't, if they were, is to blaspheme the spirit that inspired them, are you really sure you wish to stand on that claim? Pride is one thing, losing your salvation is quite another.
That's nonsense. The original texts were inspired by God. Where do you see anything in Scripture that says translations are inspired by God? The Scriptures say that God is not the author of confusion. He's not going to say one thing and then quote it differently. If Paul was inspired by God and quoted the Old Testament how come our English translations read differently? Why don't they read exactly as Paul quotes? If they don't then either the translation is incorrect, they used a different text, or Paul was wrong. The choice is yours. However, if God is not the author of confusion, He's not going to have Paul quote something that isn't in the the text. If the KJV uses the text that doesn't contain the phrase that Paul quoted either the text is wrong or Paul is wrong. However, one of the two is wrong, thus the KJV is not inspired by God, if it were, there would not be this confusion.

I used to just accept what pastors and theologians said, until it came to my attention that they often contradict one another all from the same Bible they say is infallible. I believe the Bible is infallible therefore I have to conclude that at least some of the pastors and theologians are wrong. Since at least some of them are wrong it is pertinent that I find out which and what is the truth.

Active
That's nonsense. The original texts were inspired by God. Where do you see anything in Scripture that says translations are inspired by God? The Scriptures say that God is not the author of confusion. He's not going to say one thing and then quote it differently. If Paul was inspired by God and quoted the Old Testament how come our English translations read differently? Why don't they read exactly as Paul quotes? If they don't then either the translation is incorrect, they used a different text, or Paul was wrong. The choice is yours. However, if God is not the author of confusion, He's not going to have Paul quote something that isn't in the the text. If the KJV uses the text that doesn't contain the phrase that Paul quoted either the text is wrong or Paul is wrong. However, one of the two is wrong, thus the KJV is not inspired by God, if it were, there would not be this confusion.

I used to just accept what pastors and theologians said, until it came to my attention that they often contradict one another all from the same Bible they say is infallible. I believe the Bible is infallible therefore I have to conclude that at least some of the pastors and theologians are wrong. Since at least some of them are wrong it is pertinent that I find out which and what is the truth.
I've said my piece Butch, I believe that the scriptures are inspirational, you don't. I don't believe God would allow his Word to be misleading to those seeking truth, you do. We are poles apart, may the Lord open our eyes to His truth. Bless you.

Active
I've said my piece Butch, I believe that the scriptures are inspirational, you don't. I don't believe God would allow his Word to be misleading to those seeking truth, you do. We are poles apart, may the Lord open our eyes to His truth. Bless you.
I didn't say the Scripture aren't inspirational. I said translations aren't inspired by God. I think all of the differences make that pretty clear.

Active
25 years ago I did a year of missionary work in a former communist country. The quality of Bible translation was very poor. Either an archaic translation, or a very hastily put together translation made from the English Good News Bible.

Despite those limitations, the character of Jesus shone through the pages of the Bible, and people turned to him.

Lesson: a really good translation is an amazing gift, but God undoubtedly makes himself known through less accurate translations

Active
Between Blessed Creator and Butch, it seems that there isn't a Bible on the planet that we can rely on. According to B.C the only version we can rely on is the KJV and Butch says we should doubt that. And as very few of us have access to the original texts, that also have disagreements between scholars as to which are authentic, the Greek, the Aramaic or the Hebrew. I suppose we should all pack up and go home.
In the book of Job, God asked Satan if he had considered Job, Satan replied that he had, but God had put a hedge around Job and denied him access. God then allowed Satan access to Job and Job's trials began. However God made a proviso that Satan could not take Job's life. This scenario shows that Satan is actually a servant of God, and can only operate in accordance to God's will. The reason I mention this story is to prove God's supremacy. The only person who would wish to confuse the Written Word of God is Satan, who wishes to usurp God and claim supremacy. On earth Satan had Jesus to contend with, until Christians started to become born again and move in the power of the Holy Spirit, and then he came up against the whole born again church who also had authority over him. So, if Satan desires to overcome the church, a sure fired way of weakening it would be to get the believers to doubt the Bible. I don't believe that God would allow Satan to pollute his Word, scripture is the means in which He communes with his followers and if we can't trust God to honour his Word then we have no basis of faith. Bob Dylan once said you've got to serve somebody. It maybe the devil or it may be the Lord. But you've got to serve somebody. I believe we had better make sure we are serving the right one.

Active
25 years ago I did a year of missionary work in a former communist country. The quality of Bible translation was very poor. Either an archaic translation, or a very hastily put together translation made from the English Good News Bible.

Despite those limitations, the character of Jesus shone through the pages of the Bible, and people turned to him.

Lesson: a really good translation is an amazing gift, but God undoubtedly makes himself known through less accurate translations
Amen!!!

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month

A big AMEN to that brother.

There are errors in all translations, not necessarily corrupts as has been stated.

The Light will shine through any darkness. Man's errors are not God's errors. His will, will always be fulfilled.

Are you referring to the NKJV? I agree the NKJV is corrupted. Is that the only one you are referring to?

The KJV also has issues
Yea the KJV has a few errors. But not intentional errors neither doctrinal errors concerning morality, as you see in modern corrupted Bibles that purposefully butcher the word of God.
The KJV is the only English Bible I trust and would ever recommend any English reader to read.

Active
Between Blessed Creator and Butch, it seems that there isn't a Bible on the planet that we can rely on. According to B.C the only version we can rely on is the KJV and Butch says we should doubt that. And as very few of us have access to the original texts, that also have disagreements between scholars as to which are authentic, the Greek, the Aramaic or the Hebrew. I suppose we should all pack up and go home.
In the book of Job, God asked Satan if he had considered Job, Satan replied that he had, but God had put a hedge around Job and denied him access. God then allowed Satan access to Job and Job's trials began. However God made a proviso that Satan could not take Job's life. This scenario shows that Satan is actually a servant of God, and can only operate in accordance to God's will. The reason I mention this story is to prove God's supremacy. The only person who would wish to confuse the Written Word of God is Satan, who wishes to usurp God and claim supremacy. On earth Satan had Jesus to contend with, until Christians started to become born again and move in the power of the Holy Spirit, and then he came up against the whole born again church who also had authority over him. So, if Satan desires to overcome the church, a sure fired way of weakening it would be to get the believers to doubt the Bible. I don't believe that God would allow Satan to pollute his Word, scripture is the means in which He communes with his followers and if we can't trust God to honour his Word then we have no basis of faith. Bob Dylan once said you've got to serve somebody. It maybe the devil or it may be the Lord. But you've got to serve somebody. I believe we had better make sure we are serving the right one.
Firstly, I didn't say we can;t trust any translation. However, some seem to think that all translations are immaculate and perfect. It can be shown that they contain error. However, I guess we should just ignore those errors and believe whatever the all inspired translators, who couldn't possibly ever make a mistake or have an agenda, say. They couldn't ever possibly be wrong. Anything they write must be accepted as if it came from Paul or Peter himself. Dost thou dare to question? How dare thee. Know thy place and remain there.

Seriously, If you choose to remain in the dark and blindly accept whatever any translators says that's your prerogative. However, some of have studied church history and seen what has happened. Some of us have seen how there have been translators that have twisted the word of God for their own benefit. We have seen how translators have misunderstood the word of God and thus translated it wrongly. Augustine was an example. His doctrines went against 300 years of church history, But, I guess he couldn't have possibly been wrong. Even though pretty much every church leader before him disagreed with him. I guess they were all right, none of them were wrong because after all, no one would mistranlstate the word of God, right? I guess the Gnostics were right too, even though they completely manipulated God's word. But, they couldn't have been wrong, right? Irenaeus wrote five volumes pointing out the heresies of the Gnostics, but they couldn't have possibly been wrong, right? I'm sorry, I've been down that road where you just believe what they say. It lead to quite a few false beliefs. I'm not going there anymore. If you want to, as I said, that's your prerogative, have at it. However, you won't find me there.