• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Beware the Dangerous Delights of Evil

Staff Member
Do not incline my heart to any evil thing, To practice wicked works With men who work iniquity; And do not let me eat of their delicacies. Let the righteous strike me; [It shall be] a kindness. And let him rebuke me; [It shall be] as excellent oil; Let my head not refuse it. For still my prayer [is] against the deeds of the wicked. Psalm 141:4-5 NKJV

The writer of this psalm offers a warning. Those committed to acts of evil will be appealing, and the fruits of their work against God will appear to be delicacies. At first, then, the choice to follow the ways of God and the ways of evil won’t be easy, or even black and white. There will be many things to desire about the path away from God. It may appear wiser, more pleasurable, and more rewarding in the end.

How can you be assured that you can stay near to God and away from the deceits of evil? The tactic in this psalm is the kindness of a rebuke from a righteous friend. Do you have people around you who can tell you the truth? Place yourself in the company of righteous friends, family, mentors, and leaders who are invested in your spiritual health.

In what kind of spirit do you receive their rebukes Do you view each as a blessing or even a commissioning to live in holiness before God?

Prayer: Lord, help me see the blessing in a righteous rebuke so I can turn away from evil and pursue Your goodness.