• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Better to be Wise than Powerful

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
But I say that wisdom is better than might, though the poor man's wisdom is despised and his words are not heard. The words of the wise heard in quiet are better than the shouting of a ruler among fools. Ecclesiastes 9:16-17 ESV

How far can strength and superior numbers carry someone? When superior wisdom comes along, strength and power may meet its match.

You may face the temptation to grow in strength, influence, power, or wealth for the sake of security. Powerful allies can be viewed as indispensable. Conventional wisdom surely would push you in this direction.

However, the wisdom that God gives can become a greater resource than the strength and influence of men. Although God’s wisdom is overlooked and even scorned at times, it is surely more effective and life-giving, providing benefit to many others besides yourself. It is a gift from God that’s freely given—provided that you ask for it and trust God to guide your steps.

There will always be people who shout and demand to be noticed, but you have the ready help of God standing by to support you. When others shout and claim to be in charge, you can rest in the quiet confidence and wisdom that God grants.

Prayer: Lord, help me trust in Your wisdom and guidance so that I will not be dismayed or misled by those who lead with force and intimidation.