• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Better Answers

Staff Member
But Peter said, "I don't have any silver or gold for you. But I'll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!" Then Peter took the lame man by the right hand and helped him up. And as he did, the man's feet and ankles were instantly healed and strengthened. He jumped up, stood on his feet, and began to walk! Then, walking, leaping, and praising God, he went into the Temple with them. Acts 3:6-8 NLT

The man wanted money. Maybe he was hungry. He was injured and couldn’t walk. In his experience, a few coins were all he could expect from the generosity of the compassionate.

The apostle Peter knew the man was looking for a handout, but Peter offered something surprising. The apostle essentially said, “I don’t have two nickels to rub together. I’ve got something better.” Peter didn’t ignore the man or make light of his condition. He offered an answer to prayer.

Weak legs were made strong. One step followed another. This unexpected encounter was like welcoming a new season of living. He welcomed a future bolder than his dreams.

God may not give you exactly what you pray for. You might get a purpose and plan when you asked for something as common as money, strength for a task when you thought your best days were over, or equipping for your next great assignment.

Prayer: Dear God, help me accept an answer to my prayer that is bigger than my request. Help me understand that the way You answer brings me in contact with Your purpose for me.