• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Below Average Height?

I am an 18 year old girl who stands just BARELY at 5 feet. Is that below average? Ive always heard that a fully grown woman (usually around age 20) average height is 5 feet 5 inches. Is that true? If so I dont think I am going to grow 5 inches in a little less then 2 years....1 yr and 10 months to be exact. So is 5 feet below average for a girl?

I think you're right about 5'5 being the average for women. So you're a little bit below the average height right now, which isn't a bad thing at all. Although, it is possible that you will keep growing until you're around 20 years old.

i'm 17 and i'm 5ft. i stopped growing when i was in 8th grade. lol. I'm not sure about your question. But i jus wanted to let you know, that i'm in the same position as you. :]

yay short people!

God Bless you
tCah
p.s.
my cousin is 24 and she's 4'11 so yeah...

hahahaha...
I'm sorry this is just funny.
I think its okay...short, tall, average.
But er...just hope that by age you keep on growing...
hahaha...

hahahaha...
I'm sorry this is just funny.
I think its okay...short, tall, average.
But er...just hope that by age you keep on growing...
hahaha...
its not funny at all.

to the post opener go to a doctor i had a freind who is short and went to a doctor. maybe you need something to get ur growth to normal. or maybe its genetic (you parents or grand parents or grandgrand parents where short?)

i dont go with the 'average heights' or 'average weights' that doctors give us. you are the height God intends for you to be. dont worry about it. if you grow be happy but if you dont dont be sad i know alot of short ppl.

lou x

i dont go with the 'average heights' or 'average weights' that doctors give us. you are the height God intends for you to be. dont worry about it. if you grow be happy but if you dont dont be sad i know alot of short ppl.

Amen to that

One thing I have always heard people say that make me smile is:

They don't make diamonds the size of bricks lol :)

Rick

lou x
I agree with you lou_lou1345. God made us the way he wants us to be and everyone is beautiful in that way.So it doesn't matter if we are tall or short or even slim or fat.

I am a science student and i feel that it might be a genetic issue.

I feel it is better to pray to God he knows the best for us.
lol..

Last edited:
I am 20 years old and 6'5"...

but I was TINY until I was 17 and then shot up! I grew 8 inches in a year! So there lots of hope for anyone wanting to grow.

The only girlfriend I have ever had is 5'1" and although there was a significant height difference it didn't bother either of us at all. Height is not that important...

But honestly height matters so little. God made us as we are and he loves us as we are and we can therefore love ourselves as we are.

Love Jack

Hey you are a beautiful sister in Christ.
If you ask my wife who is now 5'1", ya bellow average.
Yet it is all in the eyes of the beholder.
My daughter is now 21 and at 5"3". When she was 15 she was at 5'. She grew the last bit in the last 2yrs.
Remember good things come in small packages.
My son at 19 was 5'8" and at 24 is now 6'2".
So there are late bloomers. Keep eating healthy and getting your rest and you might be surprised one day.
Take care
Mike
aka grizzly in Christ

Hey, dont worry about that stuff.
Alot of guys like short girls, I am one of them
I'm 15 years old and I stand at 6'1".

So don't worry abou t your height, be happy about it!
I would much raather have a short girl then a tall one. (no offence to tall girls, i love you all too) :shade:

God bless you all!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I'm a lot shorter than what I wanted to be. I'm a short young man, 5 foot 7 inches tall. I'm 20 years old. With the way, I was growing, everyone expected me to be taller than 6 feet. I'm shorter than many of my classmates. But, I don't have any problem with that. I'm happy with my height.

Staff Member
try being taller than average...

Hi, I'm not sure if Jesus Loves Me is still interested.... hasn't been on here since July last year (2007), but just to keep the ball rolling a bit....

I am a teenager with a few years added. When I was about 14 or 15, I was over 6'4" . Now you shorties might think that's cool.....

I remember now, it was 14.... I had to pay adult fares on public transport, which often meant walking as I did not have an adult fare, being still a 'child'. Same went for going to the movies or other places... shows or circus, zoo, etc.
Then I started the lifelong thrill of banging my head on low doorways. Squeezing into little cars, with knees around my ears! Finding clothes that fit...shirts were always too short in the sleeve!
I also had the thrill of being picked on when in places where one might get picked on.... by older, more seasoned fighters, with the idea that if they got the big bloke down, the rest would be a push-over. Occasionally a shorty would decide they had a point to prove.... guess how...attack me!

I played Rugby. Being rather large, I had the position alongside a fellow tall fellow of 2nd row, which meant extra vigorous training and exertion on the field. The little man was fast and hard to catch.... me, an easy target! Splat!

So, do I care? No.

It's all part of who we are. Just as there are many disadvantages served out in this world for tall or short people, there are also many great advantages and opportunities, that belong only to us. (my secret!!)

If you are 'below average' then rejoice! You are a different. I know to a youth, this is perhaps not too good an idea, but I can assure you that if you keep your head about it, you will see that it really makes NO DIFFERENCE to who you are, and makes no difference whatsoever to how much you need to repent, and likewise makes NO DIFFERENCE to how much God loves you in Jesus Christ the Lord.

Try not to let your size or shape or any other thing about you make any difference to the way you see things. Use your uniqueness where you are, to the glory of God, and realise that all have sinned - short and tall and in between -and fallen short of the glory of God.

Think for a moment about the stars and universe...... absolutely HUGE! Now, think about just how much difference there is in human heights.

Bless you all, in Jesus name

Br. Bear

Please don't worry sister I am 21 and 5'1( and a bit!) but if anything the Lord teaches us to be what we were made to be.
Don't get yourself down because you look diffrent to others around you being diffrent is what made Christ so great! He didn't care what others thought he was greatful for what he had been given and made the best of it!

Sister, too early for you to worry and too late for mine... hehehe why? I'm already 34 and have made myself believe that I'm 5'1, but when measured many times accurately and recently, (lol) just found out I'm only between 4'11" - 4'12". lol No choice but to accept it cheerfully!

i have just read something about that the average for white American woman is 5 ft...

height does matter a bit. for looking a job. but, i agree to:

"i dont go with the 'average heights' or 'average weights' that doctors give us. you are the height God intends for you to be. dont worry about it. if you grow be happy but if you dont dont be sad i know alot of short ppl."

who said this again?

well he's right...

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you lou_lou1345. God made us the way he wants us to be and everyone is beautiful in that way.So it doesn't matter if we are tall or short or even slim or fat.

Absolutely! Take a look at this wonderful reminder from David's Praises to God: "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. " (Psalm 139: 14)

So cheer up sister! We are God's perfect masterpiece!:wink:

Height doesn't really matter. Lionel Messi plays as a forward for Barcelona and is 1.67m in height whereas most defenders are on average 1.85m. You would think that that would be an advantage for the defenders as he's weak in the air. Tell you what, he scored with a header in the Champions League final in 2009 against a pair of big center backs and won the accolade of World Player of the year in December that year. It's not the size of the person that counts, it's the size of the fight in the person that counts.

Hi im 13 and im 5,6 so i am tall for my age but i dont mind and it doesn't matter what your height is...because God is happy with you because you are his creation.:wink: