• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Before Abraham

Staff Member
Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. John 8:57-58

In today's verses, Jesus makes the ultimate claim. He uses the phrase "I AM"--a phrase the Jews would have been familiar with as meaning, "Even from everlasting to everlasting," John Wesley writes in his commentary. "This is a direct answer to the objection of the Jews, and shows how much greater he was than Abraham."

You've probably encountered political correctness in your office or at school. If so, you've heard coworkers or classmates make the claim that all paths lead to heaven, no matter the belief system. But as soon as you point out that Jesus claims to be God in the flesh, many will accuse you of being intolerant. Proclaim it anyway. Be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves as you do so.

Jesus has indeed always existed, distinct from yet one with the Father and the Holy Spirit. And He's the only way to heaven (John 14:6). Hold on to those truths.

Prayer: Lord, many people are resistant to the Gospel, so what I encounter on a regular basis is nothing new. I believe that Jesus is the great I AM, and I'm willing to continue to push against a culture that believes otherwise.