• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Becoming Single Minded:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
Becoming Single Minded:

Being a “Born again” Christian” we live in two different worlds all at the same time. The “physical”, and the “spiritual” realm. To be able to live in a physical world we need physical “senses” witch connects to our physical brain, so we can, see, feel, smell, taste, and touch. With these five senses we can come to a decision in our brain on what we should do, based on it's input from our senses. The spiritual man, which Paul calls “THE HIDDEN MAN OF THE HEART” also have the exact reciprocal senses, but connect to the “MIND OF CHRIST” located in our heart, not brain!!

Most believers do not even know they have such senses. When the Bible says, “TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD....”(Psa 34:8), or, “LAY HOLD UPON ETERNAL LIFE...”(1 Tim 6:12), or, “MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE, AND THEY FOLLOW ME...”(John 10:27) these things can never be done with our physical bodies as they are spiritual in nature.

One of the first things we encounter after becoming a child of God is that our hearts, where the mind of Christ dwells, wants to do one thing while our minds want to another. THE FLESH LUST'S AGAINST THE SPIRIT, AND THE SPIRIT AGAINST THE FLESH, AS THEY ARE CONTRARY TO ONE ANOTHER SO WE CAN NOT DO THE THINGS WE WANT. (Gal 5:17)

The things we want to do is to have faith, and to receive from the Lord, but that will not work while this striving within us is raging. This is called being “DOUBLE MINDED”, and as the Apostle James tells us, “DO NOT LET THAT MAN THINK HE WILL RECEIVE ANYTHING FROM THE LORD, A DOUBLE MINDED MAN IS UNSTABLE IN ALL OF HIS WAYS” (James 1:7-8)

The mind of Christ within man's heart never needs to be renewed in anyway. It is man's physical brain that is sitting between our two ears that is the problem. The physical mind with it's flesh, and blood can never “discover” spiritual truth on it's own, because it was not design to. The unrenewed mind can not be dependent on anything spiritual, in fact when our physical mind hears the Wisdom from above it calls it “FOOLISHNESS”, but God calls it the Wisdom, and the power of God!! (1 Cor 2:12-14)(1 Cor 3:19)

I find this awesome, because It does not depend on man's intellect or intelligence in his head to receive the Wisdom from above. As Jesus once said......

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus began to say, I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth [and I acknowledge openly and joyfully to Your honor], that YOU HAVE HIDDEN THESE THINGS FROM THE WISE AND CLEVER AND LEARNED, AND REVEALED THEM TO BABIES [to the childish, untaught, and unskilled]. (AMP)

This puts us all on the same level playing field. No one has an advantage over anyone else. The Lord reveals his Word to anyone one who keeps his Word within himself!!!

If the human mind (brain) has no advantage in spiritual things then what are we suppose to do with it? We need a tool that is supernatural that can change our minds so it can come into agreement with our own hearts.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but BE YE TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

We the Church have two enemies. One on the outside of us, and one on the inside. We are wrestling against principalities, and powers in the heavenly places, yet we also have an enemy within man which is his unrenewed fleshly mind.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is ENMITY AGAINST GOD: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The word, “ENMITY” means hostile, or in other words it hates, and has a hatred against God.

How can a physical mind which is flesh, and blood operate in an area in which it can not see or feel? It does not have the ability to operate by faith.

The physical mind must be told what to believe, and never be trusted in or used as a means of telling us what we believe!! The physical mind is only a tool to be used by the spiritual man so as to allow the spiritual man to live in a physical world. We can take a lie that we know is an untruth, and if we tell our self's enough times that it is true, we will eventually believe it as truth. We can believe a lie, if we want to, and many do!!

This is where the Word of God comes into play as a standard to all truth. I for one use the mind of Christ in my heart to tell my physical mind what I believe, by confessing the Word of God out of my mouth every day.

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds:wink:
2Co 10:5 CASTING DOWN IMAGINATIONS, AND EVERY HIGH THING THAT EXALTETH ITSELF AGAINST THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, AND BRINGING INTO CAPTIVITY EVERY THOUGHT TO THE OBEDIENCE OF CHRIST;

Notice: We are to bring every thought captive into the obedience of CHRIST, not our intellect, reasoning's, or any other things stored in our head like analytically cognitive thinking, because that is the enemy. We are to take captive that which is trying to take us captive. As the Apostle Paul tells us this kind of thinking is what is trying to take the Church captive.

Col 2:8 DON'T LET ANYONE CAPTURE YOU WITH EMPTY PHILOSOPHIES AND HIGH-SOUNDING NONSENSE THAT COME FROM HUMAN THINKING and from the spiritual powers of this world, RATHER THAN FROM CHRIST.(NLT)

The physical mind does not just lay down, and give up. It fights for it's very existence. It is an enemy that must be defeated by using spiritual weaponry. The Word of God is mighty in power, and can change anything when it is confessed out of our mouths. How long this takes is dependent on how often we confess the Word of God.

I have many areas in my mind that give me no problems anymore, and it is in those areas where my physical mind and the mind of Christ are in agreement. When this happens we become “SINGLE” minded to where faith abounds abundantly, and only then when we ask God for things do we get them.