• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Becoming One with God

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Becoming One with God

The greatest commandment of all commandments is...

Mar 12:29 Jesus answered, “THE GREATEST IS, ‘Hear, Israel, THE LORD OUR GOD, THE LORD IS ONE: (WEBA)

What makes the Lord God ONE? What makes God one is his Glory!!! What is the Glory of God?

Heb 1:3 HE IS THE SOLE EXPRESSION OF THE GLORY OF GOD [the Light-being, the out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God's] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high, (AMP)

Jesus Christ is the Glory of God, and he is the exact image, and expression of God. Someone might say, “does God have a body in which to express himself through? Yes he does!!! The Word of God is God's body, and that Word became flesh. In the same way we express our self through our body God expresses himself through his body which is Jesus Christ!!

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9 For in him (Christ) DWELLETH ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY.

Everything the Father is, the Son, and the Holy Spirit dwell in their FULLNESS in Jesus Christ BODILY!!!!!
Jesus Christ which is God's body makes him ONE. Contained within this ONE body dwells the fullness of the Godhead the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

This exact same Glory that Jesus is was given to us for the same purpose of making his Church ONE, not only for each, and every member to be ONE, but so we the Church would be ONE with God!!!

John 17:21 THAT THEY ALL MAY BE ONE; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, THAT THEY ALSO MAY BE ONE IN US: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, EVEN AS WE ARE ONE:

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
John 17:24 Father, I WILL THAT THEY ALSO, WHOM THOU HAST GIVEN ME, BE WITH ME WHERE I AM; THAT THEY MAY BEHOLD MY GLORY, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Someone might say, “Jesus was only praying for his Apostles”

John 17:20 NEITHER PRAY I FOR THESE ALONE, BUT FOR THEM ALSO WHICH SHALL BELIEVE ON ME THROUGH THEIR WORD;

How often do we hear our self's asking to see the Glory of God? How about we are not trying to see the external Glory of God, because we are living INSIDE the Glory of God!!!! We are having fellowship with all the fullness of the Godhead being in Christ!!!

Col 2:9 For IN HIM DWELLETH ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY.
Col 2:10 And YE ARE COMPLETE IN HIM, which is the head of all principality and power:

You can not get any closer to God then where you already are as being inside him!!! We are rubbing
elbows with all the fullness of the Godhead!!! This reality can never be experienced in this life until we
first know it from the scriptures, and then believe it by confessing it out of our mouths until our carnal
mind is renewed to it's truth!!!

The physical man (our body) profits nothing, as the physical man along with his mental thinking and
senses can not enjoy a spiritual Kingdom, which is why this next verse tells us....

Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in PUTTING OFF THE BODY OF THE SINS OF THE FLESH by the circumcision of Christ:

It is a NO GO for the natural man ( the physical man) to be able to live, dwell, or even approach the
Glory of God.

1Tim 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Tim 6:16 Who only hath immortality, DWELLING IN THE LIGHT WHICH NO MAN CAN APPROACH unto; whom NO MAN HATH SEEN, NOR CAN SEE: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

That “LIGHT” that God dwells within (which is his body), no man can approach is the exact same light
we are living and dwelling inside of!!! It is the exact same light we are told to walk in, because that is
where God is!!!!

1John 1:7 But IF WE WALK IN THE LIGHT, AS HE IS IN THE LIGHT, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

It is impossible for a Christian to know and believe he is living inside the Glory of God (in Christ), and
not see it. If we are not seeing it then we simply do not believe it!! Jesus said.......

John 17:24 Father, I WILL THAT THEY ALSO, WHOM THOU HAST GIVEN ME, BE WITH ME WHERE I AM; THAT THEY MAY BEHOLD MY GLORY, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Did Jesus get his prayer answered? “....That they may behold my Glory...”

Loyal
Becoming One with God

The greatest commandment of all commandments is...

Mar 12:29 Jesus answered, “THE GREATEST IS, ‘Hear, Israel, THE LORD OUR GOD, THE LORD IS ONE: (WEBA)

What makes the Lord God ONE? What makes God one is his Glory!!! What is the Glory of God?

Heb 1:3 HE IS THE SOLE EXPRESSION OF THE GLORY OF GOD [the Light-being, the out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God's] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high, (AMP)

Jesus Christ is the Glory of God, and he is the exact image, and expression of God. Someone might say, “does God have a body in which to express himself through? Yes he does!!! The Word of God is God's body, and that Word became flesh. In the same way we express our self through our body God expresses himself through his body which is Jesus Christ!!

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9 For in him (Christ) DWELLETH ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY.

Everything the Father is, the Son, and the Holy Spirit dwell in their FULLNESS in Jesus Christ BODILY!!!!!
Jesus Christ which is God's body makes him ONE. Contained within this ONE body dwells the fullness of the Godhead the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

This exact same Glory that Jesus is was given to us for the same purpose of making his Church ONE, not only for each, and every member to be ONE, but so we the Church would be ONE with God!!!

John 17:21 THAT THEY ALL MAY BE ONE; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, THAT THEY ALSO MAY BE ONE IN US: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, EVEN AS WE ARE ONE:

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Someone might say, “Jesus was only praying for his Apostles”

John 17:20 NEITHER PRAY I FOR THESE ALONE, BUT FOR THEM ALSO WHICH SHALL BELIEVE ON ME THROUGH THEIR WORD;

How often do we hear our self's asking to see the Glory of God? How about we are not trying to see the external Glory of God, because we are living INSIDE the Glory of God!!!! We are having fellowship with all the fullness of the Godhead being in Christ!!!

Col 2:9 For IN HIM DWELLETH ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY.
Col 2:10 And YE ARE COMPLETE IN HIM, which is the head of all principality and power:

You can not get any closer to God then where you already are as being inside him!!! We are rubbing
elbows with all the fullness of the Godhead!!! This reality can never be experienced in this life until we
first know it from the scriptures, and then believe it by confessing it out of our mouths until our carnal
mind is renewed to it's truth!!!

The physical man (our body) profits nothing, as the physical man along with his mental thinking and
senses can not enjoy a spiritual Kingdom, which is why this next verse tells us....

Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in PUTTING OFF THE BODY OF THE SINS OF THE FLESH by the circumcision of Christ:

It is a NO GO for the natural man ( the physical man) to be able to live, dwell, or even approach the
Glory of God.

1Tim 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Tim 6:16 Who only hath immortality, DWELLING IN THE LIGHT WHICH NO MAN CAN APPROACH unto; whom NO MAN HATH SEEN, NOR CAN SEE: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

That “LIGHT” that God dwells within (which is his body), no man can approach is the exact same light
we are living and dwelling inside of!!! It is the exact same light we are told to walk in, because that is
where God is!!!!

1John 1:7 But IF WE WALK IN THE LIGHT, AS HE IS IN THE LIGHT, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

It is impossible for a Christian to know and believe he is living inside the Glory of God (in Christ), and
not see it. If we are not seeing it then we simply do not believe it!! Jesus said.......

Did Jesus get his prayer answered? “....That they may behold my Glory...”
This is very good. Thank you Curtis....

Sh’ma Yisra’el, Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai echad

Active
"There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." (Ephesians 4:4-6)