• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Becoming A Survivor

This is the SHORT version of MY life/testimony. Some day I hope to post all of it, but it is in the computer somewhere! :)

I have heard people say that being a victim is so hard, but I’ve been there. Being a victim is easy compared to becoming a survivor.
You may ask how do I know? Well, I am a survivor. No, I didn’t survive a rape. Or breast cancer. Or even a hurricane.
I survived sexual abuse or molestation by my grandpa.
How did I survive you ask?
I survived by my own sheer determined will. I knew I had to find a way to stop the pain, shame, fear, anger, etc. from eating me up inside. It was like a parasite was eating my heart and soul.
How did I get it to stop?
Well, first, I had to admit to myself and others that there was in fact a problem. This is harder than most people realize.
Second, I had to want to heal and forgive, which isn’t easy either.
Third, I had to start to forgive Grandpa and myself.
Fourth, I had to keep talking about it even when it hurt.
Fifth, I had to ask God to help me. See, I thought I could do it on my own, but I couldn’t. I needed His help.
Where am I now?
I am somewhere between forgiveness and healed. I have forgiven Grandpa and myself. When I tell my story now, I don’t cry like I once did. Now I have a confidence in myself. Now I have become a survivor.

Administrator
Staff Member
God bless you Jen :)

Glad to hear that you have forgiven as GOD has forgiven you. You did something that requires real Christlike love and humbleness.

Share your testimony forever!