• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Bear Fruit

Staff Member
Greetings,

We are to bear fruit.

Is that so that others can taste and see that the Lord is good?

Bless you all ....><>

Active
Yes. A Christian has '''one job'''. Connect God with the unsaved. IE Help God find a bride among the unsaved / help the unsaved grasp who God is.

Loyal
Matthew 7:15-20
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. ...

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Romans 6:22
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life.

Matthew 12:33
“Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad, for the tree is known by its fruit.

Could the tree be our spirits?

Loyal
What is the reason we were saved?

Rom 7:4; Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.

Staff Member
Greetings,

@Dave M
Interesting thought. I shall be pondering that.

@B-A-C
Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in My name, He may give it you. John 15:16

-------
Again,
Do you think that we should/will bear fruit so that others may taste and see that the Lord is good?

Psalm 34:8
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man thattrusteth in Him.

Hebrews 6:5
And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

1Peter 2:3
If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

John 15:8
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Do you think that we should/will bear fruit so that others may taste and see that the Lord is good?
Yes, but my reading of the Bible is that this is not the primary reason.

I'd go for something more broad and simple: God is good. He created the world good and through Jesus is reconciling the whole of creation to himself for his glory. Anyone who belongs to his family will do good in step with God himself. Of course we hope that on occasion this will draw people to God, but we should do good regardless of its evangelistic impact.

Staff Member
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Loyal
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16
on the flip side :) in a fun non arguing way :) because we are uniting as brothers in Christ

Matthew 6:1-4
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Active
Matthew 7:15-20
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. ...

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Romans 6:22
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life.

Matthew 12:33
“Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad, for the tree is known by its fruit.

Thanks for those verses and interesting question about the tree being our spirits... I don't know if I've ever thought of it exactly in that way but I think that is correct. We can try to be as good as possible, yet our fruits will show what we really are, or what spirit we are of - if we have or have not been born again and are walking by the Spirit.

Staff Member
on the flip side :smile: in a fun non arguing way :smile: because we are uniting as brothers in Christ

Matthew 6:1-4
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
yes Dave,
definitely

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member

Thanks for those verses and interesting question about the tree being our spirits... I don't know if I've ever thought of it exactly in that way but I think that is correct. We can try to be as good as possible, yet our fruits will show what we really are, or what spirit we are of - if we have or have not been born again and are walking by the Spirit.
Greetings @Dave M and @Chad4Him ,

What if we apply this across the board, so to speak ,,,,
From Mark 8 verses 22 to 26
And He (Jesus) cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto Him, and besought Him to touch him. And He took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when He had spit on his eyes, and put His hands upon him, He asked him if he saw ought. And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. After that He put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly. And He sent him away to his house, saying, Neither go into the town, nor tell it to any in the town.

what do you think?
there are other passages also that use trees. Feel free to discuss them.

thanks for the input and....

Bless you ....><>