Free Christian Forums & Bible Studies

Join us today and enjoy bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly online fellowship.

1. Prayer Requests

Facing Our Loneliness

Everyone has lonely moments in life, but when loneliness begins to define our lives, it causes serious problems. We compromise our principles to try to fill the emotional emptiness. We choose behavior that harms our health, relationships, and finances. The consequences can be devastating. Learn how God desires to fulfill every longing you have for meaningful connection.

View This Discussion

Dismiss Notice
  2. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

Dismiss Notice

'BE COMFORTABLE, BEING UNCOMFORTABLE'

Discussion in 'Devotionals' started by YODHEYWRITER, Feb 17, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. One of my coaches once taught me something that has been engraved in me, practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. So practice making your practice perfect. What I mean by that is challenge the way you think, the way you behave and challenge everything around you. Acts 17: 11, "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched scripture daily, whether those things were so." When you change the way you think you will change the way you view things but, we must be open to new interpretations. 1 Corinthians 13:12, "For now we see through a glass, darkly." Our culture and our way of living is making us view things the way the enemy wants us to view them. We must rely on God and his word to guide us through the fog, just as we cannot see beyond our headlights when we drive we keep the faith that we will make it home.

We must realize that in order to reach our full potential we must get outside of our comfort zone. No one ever did anything great being comfortable. So I say to you all learn to be comfortable in an uncomfortable setting. The more comfort the more success you have the less you need God. People will do anything to avoid pain and conflict but pain and conflict are the only things that can strengthen us. James says consider it pure joy to go through trials. I have been a personal trainer for five years now and I can tell you the people that get results are the people that deny themselves of their fleshly desires and seek challenges on a daily basis. In ancient Israel they would have a daily sacrifices at the temple, one in the morning and one in the evening. How often do we sacrifice to God? It does not have to be animal sacrifices, it can be as simple as making time to pray and read his word daily. It can be taking time to listen to someone, to help someone, or to show kindness to an enemy. How often do we pass our days selfishly thinking only a few more hours till I get to go home, or only a couple of more days till I get to do what I want on the weekend. I have found through my relationships with others that we all desire more in life yet we settle for comfortable. Most of us go through life never working on our passion or our dreams. We all think it is enough to go to school, get a job, start a family and then die. Each one of us has been lied to; we’ve all been preached ‘cheap grace’, we have all been told that life is about our careers and our money. We let the world get in the way of who we truly are!

‘What we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory He will reveal to us later.’ Romans 8:18

I pray that anything I have written that is not the will of God that it falls dead at your sight and does not bear bad fruit.

God Bless

Sue J Love, Christ4Ever and amadeus2 like this.
  2. "So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter." Ecc 4:1

"Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none. " Psalm 69:20

"I have heard many such things: miserable comforters are ye all." Job 16:2

"I, even I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass;" Isaiah 51:12

"As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem." Isaiah 66:13

"If ye love me, keep my commandments.
    And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; " John 14:15-16

Sue J Love and YODHEYWRITER like this.
  3. I love this response! This truly shows that we can always be comforted to do the will of God. It may at first seem uncomfortable to leave the fleshly desires but as we embrace God's love the more our heart changes and we can find rest in doing the spiritual works that our father has commanded of us.

Sue J Love likes this.
  4. Many years ago the man who was instrumental in me turning around told me this:

It is hard to serve God easy, but It is easy to serve God hard. I thought I understood it then, but I did not really. That was more than 40 years ago. I have decreased in myself as He has increased in me [John 3:30], but it is not over yet, is it?

Sue J Love likes this.