• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Be Careful What You Ask For

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:2)

Staff Member
And all the children of Israel complained against Moses and Aaron, and the whole congregation said to them, "If only we had died in the land of Egypt! Or if only we had died in this wilderness! ... "Say to them, 'As I live,' says the LORD, 'just as you have spoken in My hearing, so I will do to you: 'The carcasses of you who have complained against Me shall fall in this wilderness, all of you who were numbered, according to your entire number, from twenty years old and above. 'Except for Caleb the son of Jephunneh and Joshua the son of Nun, you shall by no means enter the land which I swore I would make you dwell in. Numbers 14:2, 28-30

The Israelites who had been brought out of Egypt were a hardhearted bunch. Despite seeing God's power and having His presence among them over the tabernacle, this collection of former slaves couldn't bring themselves to trust Him. Rather, they grumbled even more. With the exception of a few, their fear was greater than their faith. And one day, God had had enough.

Wrestling with fear is understandable. Paul confessed, "[We] were harassed at every turn--conflicts on the "….we were troubled on every side. Outside were conflicts, inside were fears." (2 Corinthians 7:5). But choosing death in a wilderness out of fear, rather than facing their fears to live in God's plan was simply rebellion. As punishment, God gave this generation of complainers exactly what they'd asked for.

Prayer: Merciful God, help me to live by faith, not give in to grumbling and miss Your plan for my life.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 3
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Sam Canvas Bible Discussions 1