• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Be a Joshua

Administrator
Staff Member
joshua-1-9.jpg

All through the Old Testament book of Joshua, the Lord says, "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid." What a message for us! As I read through the book I was amazed at how when the Lord spoke to Joshua, Joshua never stood before the Lord with excuses. He didn't attempt to refute why he couldn't capture the territory the Lord had already given him. He never grumbled and complained about his childhood or his feelings of inadequacy or his anxiety or anything else you can think of. He simply moved forward in faith. As a consequence he led the entire nation of Israel to conquer and settle in the Promised Land.

If you would arise each day with the same simple faith of Joshua, a faith that simply trusted the Lord as shown by your actions and behavior, just think about what area of your life you could capture. You could turn the tables on the enemies of your past . . . on the abuse and neglect and fear and hurt. You can capture that enemy territory.

The Lord has already captured that area of your life for you. He wants to hand it over to you so you can obtain victory! In what area of your life do you need to see the walls come tumbling down?

- Steve Arterburn

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.- Nelson Mandela

Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.- John Wayne

Active
joshua-1-9.jpg

All through the Old Testament book of Joshua, the Lord says, "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid." What a message for us! As I read through the book I was amazed at how when the Lord spoke to Joshua, Joshua never stood before the Lord with excuses. He didn't attempt to refute why he couldn't capture the territory the Lord had already given him. He never grumbled and complained about his childhood or his feelings of inadequacy or his anxiety or anything else you can think of. He simply moved forward in faith. As a consequence he led the entire nation of Israel to conquer and settle in the Promised Land.

If you would arise each day with the same simple faith of Joshua, a faith that simply trusted the Lord as shown by your actions and behavior, just think about what area of your life you could capture. You could turn the tables on the enemies of your past . . . on the abuse and neglect and fear and hurt. You can capture that enemy territory.

The Lord has already captured that area of your life for you. He wants to hand it over to you so you can obtain victory! In what area of your life do you need to see the walls come tumbling down?

- Steve Arterburn

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.- Nelson Mandela

Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.- John Wayne

Several weeks ago, I finished studying the Book of Joshua. I'm an avid student of the Old Covenant. My quest is to learn what YHWH likes and dislikes. We are commanded to be Holy as He is Holy, and the Old Testament certainly displays the Nature of our stern yet loving God.

Your thread is a good reminder to face each day with confidence that if I face evil, I can remain faithful to function in heart and practice to God's Commands, statues and rules for life....Thank you.