• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Bad Life Moments

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Matthew 24:22

This passage of scripture is dedicated to prophecy, but it offers hope for every dark day you encounter. There will be times when God allows bad days. They are often allowed to refine character, instill trust, and offer a greater reason to accept God's help.

Bad days can cause you to think there's no hope. You might even entertain the idea that God has abandoned you and left you stuck in darkness. Yet God has promised that He'd never leave or forsake you. This verse suggests He will intervene and shorten the duration of your struggle.

As with everything you've been reading in this, the bold question you must answer in these moments is, "Do I trust God to lead me through?" If you believe, then you must let Him lead, and you must follow.

God has promised that there will be days of trouble, but they won't last forever. Trust the One who knows the way out.

Prayer: Dear God, thanks for caring enough about me to walk with me through the pain, anger, and stress of living a life with fallen people. Thanks for shortening the duration as I trust that You will get me through this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chad Sermons & Podcasts 0
Chad Bible Discussions 4
shortlady Water Cooler 0