• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

"back to the truth about Jesus"

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:4)

"Back to the truth about Jesus"

We have known that Jesus is the God of the Bible since the earliest of times, but we just didn't know how to say it. This is attested to in the upper room when Thomas called Jesus My Lord and My God. But even today, harely anyone believes it. And this is a sad comentary on the human race, the ones he love.

See, with God it's not the dividing of himself into two or three parts, as many think. It's name recognition, or by what name he speak to us, Jesus. As Jesus said of himself in Revelation 1:8, "I am the Alpha and the Omega-the beginning and the end ... I am the one who is, who always was, and the one who is to come, the Almighty God."

This statement itself should be enough to prove what I am saying is true!

So I will say this in the most loving way I can: God is a single being like we are. This is why the Bible says that we are made in his image. And as Moses said in Deut. 6:4: "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is One." And according to Jewish law, the clear intent here is to say that God is one person-monotheisms. So it is a matter of faith if we chose to believe it or not.

See, God is like an actor playing three parts at the same time. We have all seen actors do it. So as I said, the mystery of all this is in how he speaks to us, in trinitarian form. So when Jesus says the Father, or when he mentions the Father at all, he is speaking about himself by his other name. Or as he said to Philip in John 14:9, "Philip, don't you even yet know who I am, even after all the time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father."

Or as he said in verse 8: "If you had known who I am, then you would have known who my Father is. From now on you know him and have seen him." That is, if you want to know who the Father is, he is me too.

And according to John 14, the disciples had no problem with this, and neither do we!

What he is doing is revealing his other names to us so we can get to know him better, and so we can see the full extent of his love. This is what good friends do to each other when they want a closer relationship with you. See we are like little children and this simple talk helps us to know him better. It's like teaching a newborn baby one step at a time. Or as he said of himself about his other name in John 17:26:" I revealed you to them and will keep on revealing you. ..."

So in his prayers he is not talking to another person, he is talking things over in his own mind, much like we do.! Only the words are said out loud for our benefit.

So to sum it up. The Bible reveals that the Lord Moses knew as YHWH God in the Old Testament is the New Testament Jesus; the one who created the world and came and died for our sins. But as I said, even today, hardly anyone believes it. And as I said also, this is a sad commentary on the human race, the ones he love.

Jesus Loves you,

W Lewis Autrey.