• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Avoiding stress damage

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Too much stress, ecpecially stress that is not relieved by times of rest and renewal, can harm us physically, mentally and spiritually.

So while I cannot say that a christian should be totally free of stress, I think I can say that Christians should not allow themselves to become stressed as to produce damage to their bodies, minds and spirits.

THat is not to say it doesnt happen. To a great extent, we are caught up in the same rat race as everyone else. We have let our values become distorted and dont see life clearly from gods perceptive. Weve lost some of our distinctiveness, our lives are almost identical to those people who are not committed to Christ. As a result we are violating very basic laws that God has set down for our bodies (the temple of the Holy Spirit). And we may be doing all this in the name of teh one save us from our need to earn salvation.

we must wake up to teh fact that they we are burning ourselves out just as quickly as everyone else is. Change is occuring so rapidly , sickness is so rampant in our society that avoiding stress damage takes and extra effort. and the sad fact is that relatively few people are making that extra effort.

Isaiah 63:14 "Like cattle that go down to teh plain, they were given rest by teh spirit of teh Lord. THis is how you guided yoru people to make for yoruselves a glorious name"

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 " Do you not know that your body is a temple of teh HOly Spirit, who is in you, whom you have recived from God? you are not your own. You were bought at a price. THerefor honor God with yrou body."

Administrator
Staff Member
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 is such a great verse to remind us to keep ourselves healthy and joyful in Christ.

Sister I totally agree with you on this and this is something I've been learning myself due to some personal matters over the years. For one thing I know is that we have Salvation in Christ Jesus, we have no reason to complain NOR be stressed. I know that's not a simple task but it still holds true.

Praise GOD and remember: there IS a Heaven above you!

The anointing definitely will make you lose track of time , and miss your rest . I go wat too long at times and then I just collapse . Pretty dumb huh ? Thank God for my wife ! I am a blessed man beyond what I should have by a long shot . God has been good to me . Mike :boy_hug: :computer: