• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

"at God's right hand"

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:6)

The world's sin is it's refusal to accept Jesus as it's God, a sad comentary on the human race. Jesus said it like this in John 8:24: "You are from below; I am not. That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am who I say I am, you will die in your sins."

Many use as proof for their unbelief what Jesus said in Mark 15:62: "I am, and you will see me, the Son of Man sitting at God's right hand in the place of power and coming back on the clouds of heaven" to say that Jesus is not God and that in fact there are two or three Gods.

What they fail to understand is that the term "by my right hand" or "the right hand of God" is a Hebraism, a poetic way of speaking used as a way of saying something spiritual. David spoke this way when he said to YHWH God in Psalm 63:8, "I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night. I think how much you have helped me, I sing for joy in the shadow of your protecting wings.

"I follow close behind you, and your strong right hand holds me securely."

Notice that David says that God's strong right hand holds him securely. That is the same as saying God holds him securely. This has to be true because what your right hand does, you do.

See in the old days when they asked God how he freed the Jews from Egypt and brought them through the Red Sea, he said he did it by his strong right hand. So the point I am making is that when Jesus said to the high priest that he would see him sitting at God's right hand, he was using the same poetic language or Hebraism that David used in the Psalms to say that God and his right hand are the same.

Let's look at Psalm 118:13. "You did your best to kill me, O my enemy, but the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and my song, he has become my victory. Sounds of Joy and victory are song in the camp of the godley. The strong right hand of the Lord has done glorious things!

"The strong right arm of the Lord is raised in triumph."

Again, notice that David says the Lord helped me. And then he says that God did it by his strong right hand. So again, the strong right hand of God and God himself are the same. The high priest knew this to be true. That is to say, when Jesus said that he was at God's right hand he knew that Jesus was claiming to be God. So the high priest tore his clothing in disgust and condemned Jesus to death for blasphemy.

See, with God it's not the dividing of himself into two or three parts as many believe, it's name recognition. To sum it up then, Jesus is the name God uses as he speakes to us, and the Father and the Holy Spirit are his two other names.

Jesus loves you,

Rev Autrey

Last edited:

Wnl

Hi right hand means righteously.
Jesus came to earth representing righteousness and truth, and related spirits.
because of love.
With Love Wnl

Hi All,

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jaboyle100 Devotionals 0
Chad Devotionals 0
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0