• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Asking someone who could not know.

Active
When someone asked me what an Atheist is,I said I do not know? How can I know about something I am not a part of? Yet some Atheist want believers to ask them about someone they do not know? I do not understand the point to this myself? This is in no way a judgement upon either of us,it just is an observation. For when I was an unbeliever and someone were to ask me about someone who had never crossed into my life,what could I tell them? But it is very amazing how so many look to tell us isn't it? They look to explain away someone they have never met,and because they have never met him,he does not exist.Exist-have a place in objective reality,occur, be found continue in being;live. This is what an Atheist says they believe. And what causes them to believe this? I do not know,you will have to ask one of them.

For since many of you are here,but I have never met most of you,do you exist? Just having common sense should be enough for us all to realize that because we perhaps have never met Jesus,this is no proof at all! In doubt of any kind, there comes also a fact to this,one also does without as well.For if i never asked you if I could have something, how would I ever receive something unless I asked?But because I doubted in what I myself was going to say,I do not ask,hence I never receive either. And because of this, then you do not exist? Do you see something a bit odd here???

The power of our living God is not in whether we believe he is or not,but rather,a fact to which we can believe or doubt in. Many use drugs of have a drinking problem so they do not have to face what is real in there life.The problem with this is,when they wake the next morning and look into the mirror,that which they used to forget,is seen in there face the next day. Believers in Christ!!! SO ARE WE IN HIM!! ( 1 cor 13:12) For now we see into a mirror dimly, or darkly however you wish to word this. We remain in this dim or darkness until we decide to step into the Light of our Jesus. It is only by doing this,that we who were once blind,can now see. Captive or in a jail in our flesh,but now are set free, by the amazing power of our living God! For those of us who have been, we can speak!!

We can identify, because Jesus lives,and he lives in us! Be not deceived,God is not mocked;for whatsoever a man sows, this he will also reap.( gal 6:4) the result of what we know, is by what we do, or do not do.( verses 8-10) In Christ,we do not believe any longer!! WE KNOW!! We know by our fruit,and we know by our very testimony through our Living Jesus. for when one was blind and now they see,and are made to see through Jesus who does exist,then, and only then,can we tell others about him. While it is true to have faith,faith itself comes from knowing our loving God,by knowing his loving Word,he left for us! A Testament in how to follow. Before we can put our lives back together,it is most wise to read an instruction book,for if we look to put our lives together by ourself,we will miss something most important!!! How to stay that way! And God's own Word keeps us together always!! IN HIM!! amen! Blessing all!

Hi dear brother Bright!!

Long to no speak, ek really do miss our conversations

I like your thread, esspecially the part where you say: "in Christ we no longer believe, we KNOW!" I just spoke about this yesterday to someone. He said something like, we should just believe and immediatly my Spirit felt more, there is so much more than just believing.
I told him that Jesus is more than just some power we believe in. He is even more real than the things around us, He is the life within me, He is like my heart beat, I don't have to see my heart to believe that I have one. I know I have one, coz I can feel it beating...

2 Corinthians 4:4 talks about the god of this world blinding the eyes of unbelievers from the Gospel. If someone doesn't believe in God, it's probably because they have not met Him yet. Maybe they grew up in a Christian environment and were a victim of the "form of godliness without the power thereof" so prevalent in America. Maybe they've never really lacked for anything materially or emotionally ("blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven"). Maybe they hate the idea of a higher power altogether. Whatever the case may be, berating them for not seeing something you see is about as logical and productive as berating a blind man for not appreciating a sunset; they just don't see it.
What does all of that mean? It means that it's up to us to show them. We are heavenly Braille, living text for the blind. You may be the only representation of Jesus that an atheist meets.
I like to write, so I tend to think of my own life in terms of God's story. Among writers, there is an axiom which is simple to remember but difficult to perform: show, don't tell. What this means is that a writer isn't going to tell a reader what's going on, but through the use of descriptive words and actions, a picture is painted in the reader's mind which immerses them into the story. When executed properly, it makes a book much more engrossing than any movie. It is the same with sharing our faith; nobody wants to be told, but they're begging to be shown.

Couldn't have said it beter Green Berean.

I just read a message on my phone about Lady Gagga. It was saying that we shoudl all stand together and pray for her not to come to South Africa because every evil spirit is going to come with her and what not!

My spirit just sank...
You know, in the absence of light, there is darkness. Darkness cannot excist on its own, its just the absense of light. And truely Jesus would not show her away or prevent her to come to Him. Think about it, we have God the Father, Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit living in us. Do we really have anything to fear?? Jesus created all and everything. He is also over all and everthing and He lives in me. I don't know, just a thought. And that is where we can put in the part of brother Green: they don't want to be told, they are begging to be shown.

I pray in the Name of Jesus Christ, that someone will show lady gagga. Show her the Love of Father God, show her that He exist and cause her heart to be set ablaze by His Love!!!! Amen

Couldn't have said it beter Green Berean.

I just read a message on my phone about Lady Gagga. It was saying that we shoudl all stand together and pray for her not to come to South Africa because every evil spirit is going to come with her and what not!

My spirit just sank...
You know, in the absence of light, there is darkness. Darkness cannot excist on its own, its just the absense of light. And truely Jesus would not show her away or prevent her to come to Him. Think about it, we have God the Father, Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit living in us. Do we really have anything to fear?? Jesus created all and everything. He is also over all and everthing and He lives in me. I don't know, just a thought. And that is where we can put in the part of brother Green: they don't want to be told, they are begging to be shown.

I pray in the Name of Jesus Christ, that someone will show lady gagga. Show her the Love of Father God, show her that He exist and cause her heart to be set ablaze by His Love!!!! Amen

We are heavenly Braille, living text for the blind. You may be the only representation of Jesus that an atheist meets.

Your point is well taken. Some years ago my pastor said that, in actuality, Billy Graham isn't an evangelist, he's a reaper; the evangelists are those who drew people into those seats to hear Mr. Graham wield the reaper's sickle.

SLE

Last edited: