• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Asking for prayers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Hi,

I am 16 weeks pregnant with my first child. I was aked to have an early screen for gestational diabetes because I have a strong family history of diabetes. The screening test revealed that my blood sugar went a bit high after a 50g glucose challenge, so I am due to have an oral glucose tolerance test on Monday, to determine whether I have gestational diabetes or not. I am worried about the implications of diabetes for the baby and for myself. I am asking for your prayers. Thanks.

Staff Member
Dear Katrina

I have and will continue to pray

Lord Jesus cradle this mother to be and tiny growing child in Your tender arms of love. .. May good health abound for Katrina and her baby. O Lord may Your beautiful love fill Katrina's heart with joy and peace at this very special time in her life...casting out all fear and anxiety. Thank You Jesus.

God bless you sister

Julia

Thou wilt keep Him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee Isaiah 26:3

Fear thou not for I am with thee Isaiah 41:10

Last edited:
Lord Jesus cradle this mother to be and tiny growing child in Your tender arms of love. .. May good health abound for Katrina and her baby. O Lord may Your beautiful love fill Katrina's heart with joy and peace at this very special time in her life...casting out all fear and anxiety. Thank You Jesus. [COLOR=darkorchid said:
Thou wilt keep Him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee Isaiah 26:3[/COLOR]

Amen:love:

Praying!

The text of my reply was not correct, I tried to delete it. I could not delete it!

Last edited:
Staff Member
Greetings Katrina,

I shall be praying for you and your baby with our brothers and sisters here at Talk Jesus.

Please be assured that the fears of trouble are far smaller than His love and care for you both. Also that with gestational diabetes, it is a passing thing usually, and by carefully and prayerfully keeping blood sugars to a workable level, the 'risk' of problems are greatly reduced.

We face dangers every day, do not let another trouble your heart as Jesus is your Lord and keeper, and knows more about keeping you healthy than any... no, than all mankind... rejoice in Him, sister.

Bless you ....><>

Br. Bear

Dear Katrina

I have and will continue to pray

Lord Jesus cradle this mother to be and tiny growing child in Your tender arms of love. .. May good health abound for Katrina and her baby. O Lord may Your beautiful love fill Katrina's heart with joy and peace at this very special time in her life...casting out all fear and anxiety. Thank You Jesus.

God bless you sister

Julia

Thou wilt keep Him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee Isaiah 26:3

Lord God, I agree. In Jesus name. Amen

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for your encouragement and your prayers. They were very comforting to read. The results are back. My fasting and one hour glucose levels were normal but the 2 hour one was elevated so I was diagnosed as having gestational diabetes. I also had an ultrasound and the baby seemed to be fine. I have to go on a special diet now and exercise as much as is practical at this time. The positive side of this is that I will learn how to take better care of myself from now on, to limit my chances of developing diabetes later in life, which I think is probably 50:50. I will also be better able to guide this child's dietary and activity habits.

Once again, it has helped so much to be reminded of God's love for me and this child. Thank you.

Last edited:
Praise the Lord Katrina. Thank you for the update.

The Lord bless you and your baby..

May he continue to uphold you both till your baby is born. Amen

Keep in touch with our dear Lord.

Sister in Christ,

Reymielin

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. John 15:7

Amen...

Last edited:
I have been reading this before i joined. i will do my best to pray every day for you and your baby to be. I will pray for hapiness and health.
ML

I have been reading this before I joined. I will try my best to pray for you and baby to be everyday. I will pray for health and hapiness.

ML

UPDATE

Thanks for your prayers and support. I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl on May 15. I am still trying to get the hang of this whole motherhood business, but we are doing well.

pray

Hi I'm new to this webcite I'am requesting prayer.My mother 85 years old moved in with me three months ago and I got laid-off my job,I believe God but I would like for you to pray with me that GOD will bless me with a job so I can take care of mom and pay the bills. more prayer more power,no prayer no power,little prayer little power....much love to all....MATTHEW