• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Asking Big

Staff Member
And so it was, when they had crossed over, that Elijah said to Elisha, "Ask! What may I do for you, before I am taken away from you?" Elisha said, "Please let a double portion of your spirit be upon me." 2 Kings 2:9 NKJV

Elisha knew two things lay ahead for him. First, his friend and mentor would soon be leaving him behind. Second, he would be taking over as Israel’s leading prophet.

Elisha knew he would need great power to serve as mightily as Elijah had. So he made one request before Elijah was taken up to heaven. Elisha asked Elijah to allow him to “inherit a double portion of your spirit.” Elijah told Elisha that he would have what he had asked for, and then Elijah was taken to heaven.

Because Elisha had summoned up the courage to make such an audacious request, God empowered him to become an amazing, miracle-working servant of the Lord.

Do you believe God has something big for you? Then when you ask Him to prepare you, don’t be afraid to ask big! He loves to answer that kind of prayer with a resounding yes!

Prayer: God in heaven, thank You for giving me opportunities to serve You. I want to do big things for You, and that means I’ll need big empowerment from Your Holy Spirit. I ask You to give me that very thing today.