• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Are You Ready to Meet Your New President? Harris?

Loyal
I doubt he was ever in charge, not sure she is either, I would rather know who is behind the curtain.

Active
Any day now....The Dems got in and now we're about to see Harris displace Joe Bidet
To whom are you addressing this to?
As for me my head of the commonwealth government is the Prime Minister of Australia - and the head of state is HRH Queen Elizabeth II.

Active
To whom are you addressing this to?
As for me my head of the commonwealth government is the Prime Minister of Australia - and the head of state is HRH Queen Elizabeth II.
LOL Everything that happens to America affects every other country on the planet

Active
LOL Everything that happens to America affects every other country on the planet
That is not what your opening question is about. And you overestimate what Washington DC means to the rest of the world.
You presumed that all members of Talk Jesus are U.S. citizens and that we know or care about a couple of surnames.
When it comes to amusement and mirth at the antics of political parties we have Canberra for that.
People here are all gossiping about our Federal Attorney General who has been slandered with 33 year old rape allegations committed apparently when he was 17.
Talk back radio is abuzz with many an opinion.

Active
That is not what your opening question is about. And you overestimate what Washington DC means to the rest of the world.
You presumed that all members of Talk Jesus are U.S. citizens and that we know or care about a couple of surnames.
When it comes to amusement and mirth at the antics of political parties we have Canberra for that.
People here are all gossiping about our Federal Attorney General who has been slandered with 33 year old rape allegations committed apparently when he was 17.
Talk back radio is abuzz with many an opinion.
Friend I presumed nothing...Whether you agree or not...If the US goes down, so does the rest of the world

Active
Friend I presumed nothing...Whether you agree or not...If the US goes down, so does the rest of the world
Two questions - why is this thread in Bible Discussions? Have we run out of Bible stuff to talk about or does US politics trump biblical chat (pardon the pun)?

I think a lot of our American brothers in TJ seem to have lost faith in Bible passages reassuring them that God is in control, and that they should respect their King, Queen, Prime Minister, President or General in charge of the military junta. Read Daniel 2:21, a public declaration about a king who was a complete nutcase and a bit of a psycho megalomaniac. No, the US election wasn't stolen (for which there's credible evidence - but that's another issue altogether) Biden was appointed by God. Please also bear in mind the Apostle Paul's teaching, Romans 13:1 - the ruling authority was Rome who killed Christians for sport and spectacle. The same goes for Ming Aung Hlaing the general in charge of Myanmar, and he's an absolute animal, killing hundreds of the country's citizens and imprisoning and torturing thousands more. I accept that these passages don't stop us from praying that leaders change their style or get replaced, but that should be directed towards God who is in ultimate control of absolutely everything. These tin pot politicians and dictators think they are; but they're deluded. Don't fall for their propaganda.

And as for: 'If the US goes down, so does the rest of the world' I wouldn't be surprised if my great great grandfather thought similarly about the British Empire, now the UK struggles to keep in the top five - and guess what? The Earth still manages to revolve. History's peppered with leaders, dictators and countries that thought they'd be top of the tree for ever, and I doubt the USA is going to buck that trend, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Active
Two questions - why is this thread in Bible Discussions? Have we run out of Bible stuff to talk about or does US politics trump biblical chat (pardon the pun)?

I think a lot of our American brothers in TJ seem to have lost faith in Bible passages reassuring them that God is in control, and that they should respect their King, Queen, Prime Minister, President or General in charge of the military junta. Read Daniel 2:21, a public declaration about a king who was a complete nutcase and a bit of a psycho megalomaniac. No, the US election wasn't stolen (for which there's credible evidence - but that's another issue altogether) Biden was appointed by God. Please also bear in mind the Apostle Paul's teaching, Romans 13:1 - the ruling authority was Rome who killed Christians for sport and spectacle. The same goes for Ming Aung Hlaing the general in charge of Myanmar, and he's an absolute animal, killing hundreds of the country's citizens and imprisoning and torturing thousands more. I accept that these passages don't stop us from praying that leaders change their style or get replaced, but that should be directed towards God who is in ultimate control of absolutely everything. These tin pot politicians and dictators think they are; but they're deluded. Don't fall for their propaganda.

And as for: 'If the US goes down, so does the rest of the world' I wouldn't be surprised if my great great grandfather thought similarly about the British Empire, now the UK struggles to keep in the top five - and guess what? The Earth still manages to revolve. History's peppered with leaders, dictators and countries that thought they'd be top of the tree for ever, and I doubt the USA is going to buck that trend, so enjoy it while it lasts.
I put it there because I didn't know where to put it. I figured the mods would put it where it belongs if they didn't want it there.
But I do know that God is not in contol in the Earth...That is an unbiblical cop out...It lets us sit on our hands and not do our jobs as Christians.

As for your second point......

Active
What do you do in life??? Matthew 25:31-46...look at your leaders and ask what would JESUS do...how would He act...what would He allow....be not conformed to the world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Jesus is agaiinst hunger and against oppression and against greed and NOT for government sancttioned or approved brutality. He is for healing ALL. He was against any form of prejudice because of someone's beliefs or skin tone or gender or age or financial class. ALL are one in Christ. He was not in favor of fascism (Emporer rule in his day) but obeyed the laws of the land...NOt in favor of any man or group of men having absolute authoroity or absolute immunity from accountability....now please take that and however it fits into this worldly politico use it to become better examples of Christ...Shalom