• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Are we all, made in the image of God? And please do not panic.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
Before I start, let us discuss this by serious (Exegesis and not eisegesis) and by English syntax and punctuation of the text of a good translation and not a paraphrase. Now let us begin and here is the text.

God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Gen. 1:27 (NASB).

For a man ought not to have his head covered since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of the man. 1 Cor. 11: 7 (NASB).

Now what is the text saying concerning the image of God. Now remember (Sarah), what I said in the beginning, so, slow your roll. I am not addressing, yet, the “woman from man and the man from the women” but what is the text saying.
Happy New Year! My brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus our Lord❤

Loyal
Before I start, let us discuss this by serious (Exegesis and not eisegesis) and by English syntax and punctuation of the text of a good translation and not a paraphrase. Now let us begin and here is the text.

God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Gen. 1:27 (NASB).

For a man ought not to have his head covered since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of the man. 1 Cor. 11: 7 (NASB).

Now what is the text saying concerning the image of God. Now remember (Sarah), what I said in the beginning, so, slow your roll. I am not addressing, yet, the “woman from man and the man from the women” but what is the text saying.
Happy New Year! My brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus our Lord❤
I believe the creation of man and women are symbolic of how Jesus came from God His Father and Jesus is the "Glory of His Father, similar to as women is the glory of her husband. That relationship is physical in this world but I believe its spiritual significants is beyond our human understanding concerning the Godhead in which we are created in his image and likeness.

Active
You have been well noted. Now let’s get back to the text I presented. What is the presented text saying. ❤

Loyal
You clearly have a thesis. Please state it rather than invite others to guess what you have in mind.

Active
Really I have nothing in mind but I just ask the question what is the text saying. Almost 43 years of studying the “Holy Scripture” I have come to believe that Christians are in not in fear of God’s holiness [Our Creator] but they seek to please the creature [for fear] rather than to please GOD our creator and Father. Now getting back to the text, what does it say? ❤ You know what says, you just scared.

Loyal
Sceptical about your claim not to have an agenda. To the direct question you ask: the text says God created humankind in his own image.

Active
The original text did not say that, it did not say mankind. That is eisegesis. Remember perform an exegesis of the text. We have plenty of time. You can use even a closer word for word translation. Take your time, make sure you take in consideration of the English syntax. Let the holy scripture speak to you. ❤

Loyal
It's not eisegesis. Humankind is made up of male and female humans and both were made in the image of God.