• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Appreciation Becomes You

Staff Member
From the rising of the sun to its going down The LORD's name [is] to be praised. Psalm 113:3 NKJV

Sometimes you become the good you appreciate in someone else.

This is especially true in praising God. When you appreciate His goodness, when it invades your mind and exits your body in praise, something supernatural happens. The more time you spend praising God deep within your soul, the more attached you become to Him.

When Jehoshaphat faced the terror of approaching armies, he “appointed men to sing to the Lord and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army” (2 Chronicles 20:21). When they reached the battlefield, their enemies were already dead. So, “all the men of Judah and Jerusalem returned joyfully…They entered Jerusalem and went to the temple of the Lord with harps and lyres and trumpets” (20:27-28 NIV).

Unlike his heir who never praised God and who “passed away to no one’s regret” (21:20 NIV), Jehoshaphat appreciated God and was praised.

Paul praised God from prison and ended up sharing Jesus with the Roman emperor (Acts 25:27).

Appreciating God changes you so much that others eventually can’t help but notice.

Prayer: Lord, help me remember that no matter where I am today, Your name is to be praised.

Active
From the rising of the sun to its going down The LORD's name [is] to be praised. Psalm 113:3 NKJV

Sometimes you become the good you appreciate in someone else.

This is especially true in praising God. When you appreciate His goodness, when it invades your mind and exits your body in praise, something supernatural happens. The more time you spend praising God deep within your soul, the more attached you become to Him.

When Jehoshaphat faced the terror of approaching armies, he “appointed men to sing to the Lord and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army” (2 Chronicles 20:21). When they reached the battlefield, their enemies were already dead. So, “all the men of Judah and Jerusalem returned joyfully…They entered Jerusalem and went to the temple of the Lord with harps and lyres and trumpets” (20:27-28 NIV).

Unlike his heir who never praised God and who “passed away to no one’s regret” (21:20 NIV), Jehoshaphat appreciated God and was praised.

Paul praised God from prison and ended up sharing Jesus with the Roman emperor (Acts 25:27).

Appreciating God changes you so much that others eventually can’t help but notice.

Prayer: Lord, help me remember that no matter where I am today, Your name is to be praised.
Amen and
I Praise God x