• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Anyone?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Hello TalkJesus. I recently made the decision to make a conscious and dedicated effort to give my mind (thoughts), actions, and heart to Jesus Christ. It is very very difficult to me because I've lived for so long being my own god and "living in the world", that it seems at times insurmountable all of the changes I desire to make.

I need help.
I don't know what to do with my doubt?
I don't know how to forgive myself; wasting the years God gave me but I chose not to acknowledge him.

I'm exceedingly eager to chat with anyone from TalkJesus as I said earlier, I am very early in my walk with God and all of my friends so far in life have been secular. I am desperate for CHRISTIAN fellowship. This is my first post, I hope to hear from anyone of you and look forward to digging into this site. God bless. ✌

Active
Well grab yourself a Bible or a New Testament.
Start reading the gospels. Learn from where Jesus is coming from. He explains the fundamentals.
Read the Book of Acts and be excited by the power and work of the Holy Spiriot working in disciple's lives and rewarding them with amazing miracles, healings
and testimonies [all still happening today].
Then read Romans and Hebrews. These two books get to the heart of the Christian doctrine in terms of who Jesus is, why he died for us, his sacrifice,
saved from sin, righteousness, keeping the faith , the Spirit-filled life.

Learn from Jesus himself. Hopefully later you will be also baptized by water and the Holy Spirit as you will read about many times in the Book of Acts).
Then you will have the Spirit of Truth who shall teach you all things of Jesus and righteousness.

Loyal
Hi Brandon! Glad to hear your of your new life's direction. We all have pasts that we regret, don't let that bother you, it doesn't bother God/Jesus at all. You are on a new path now, that old man inside of you that wants the old ways will be slower to die off than you would like, but if you set your goal to eventually find your way to the city of lights, the path itself will help you heal your body of its old desires that don't line up with your new life. Be patient with yourself, God not only forgives you for your past, but He still has grace for your failures now and into the future. He knows how we are and loves us anyway!! Isnt He the greatest!!! But set your mind to change and the Holy Spirit will help you if you ask of Him! Indeed read the gospels and the new testament thoroughly to help you along.

Staff Member
Welcome to Talk Jesus @Brandon A. Faison
Glad you've found your way here to this online Christian Community of Believers!

You'll find brothers & sisters in Christ Jesus who will be willing to help in your walk with Christ Jesus.
We're all on a path that has us heading to the same destination. That being said as you walk, the one thing that you don't do is look back. When you do that you're more likely to get tripped up. The Adversary wants you doing that. Wants you looking to what you've done and how you're not worthy, etc. You are already experiencing that "Regret" of things not done. Set those things aside and only bring them out to use the experiences to help others on how God has gotten you through all those things to the place you are now/will be. Otherwise, set them aside and rebuke the adversary when they come out in an attempt to drag you back down the path you've already traveled. Kinda of like "Been there done that." Don't need it anymore...

You'll find good places to start upgrading your walk to "Spiritual" by as you've heard from Brothers @Waggles and @Brad Huber . Get reacquainted with the Word of God if you haven't been doing so. Set time aside to get to know your God and best friend!

There's much to say, but why attempt to place it all in one post

Once again be welcome to TJ Brother!
YBIC
Nick
<><

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5 "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. John 15:4-5

Now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming. 1 John 2:28

Active
Welcome Brandon.

I'm available to walk with you in this spiritual journey. The good thing is that you are seeking and you are preparing
your heart. I'll send you a message.

Administrator
Staff Member
Hey @Brandon A. Faison welcome to TJ! Glad you're here.

First things first, keep these 2 facts in mind and you'll save yourself a lot of self-loathing when and if you stumble (we all do).

1. All grace, not works. We cannot do anything to earn the free gift of salvation. We all stumble.
2. God is patient, long-suffering. We call him Abba "Father", so see Him as a perfect and patient loving Father in Heaven. He knows our flaws and weaknesses.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Isaiah 64:6
All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

if you haven't yet, install the most popular bible app on your phone, YouVersion. They have endless array of devotionals even categorized topically with reminder notifications. It's been a tremendous blessing for me personally.

I also recommend listening to daily sermon podcasts as well. Only 24 minutes average length based on the awesome preachers I listen to: David Jeremiah (Turning Point), Charles Stanley (InTouch), Francis Chan (Crazy Love).

Staff Member
Welcome to Talk Jesus @Brandon A. Faison

Praise the Lord!

It is so wonderful to know that you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.
You are now a redeemed child of the King of kings.

And the Lord is with you to help you on this new journey...and He is able to keep you from falling.

Ask the Lord to make the old sinful things of the world repulsive to you and no longer enjoyable
And as you look to His Word, His ways will be revealed to you.

Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour,be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
Jude1:24-25

Active
I am desperate for CHRISTIAN fellowship.
Oh yes,,,,that is one of the "first fruits" of being born again and having Jesus in you! Congratulations!
I need help.
Don't we all! Thank God that will never end!
I don't know what to do with my doubt?
Embrace it and know none of us are perfect,,,read Romans 7 and see where Paul struggle with sin,,,then look at his answer in Romans 8:1, Doubt is just another sin.

I don't know how to forgive myself; wasting the years God gave me but I chose not to acknowledge him.
I was Born Again in my late 50's...think how much baggage and guilt I carried? The secret is understanding that God forgives you...you don't forgive you! Your understanding of this will improve over time...."while yet we were sinners, Jesus died for us!!!"

Active
Welcome to TJ. You have made the best decision of your life. Babes need milk and here is some for you; revolve your life, the very being of who you are (heart, mind, body and strength), He will revolve around and within your life and He will become your very being.

In order for Him to increase, I (we) must decrease. Seek the kingdom of God first, as a little child. Little children seeks one who knows something about it. Observation of all things according to the Word of God.

And always remember, from the heart, He hears you.

He will show you the way, the Truth and the Life. Amen

Loyal
we are all broken and sinners who deserve hell, Jesus is the only fix and the only way, Glad that you have found him welcome Brother!!