• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Any understandings on this?

I have a question for you and would, most, appreciate your understandings on it:

According to the Word of God, is it from Him if one of us should experience blood on our wrists without us having done anything to have made it happen?

In other words, have you heard of this testimony, by other Christians, as it being some supernatural sign given to them?

If so, what does it mean and where does one find comfort in knowing that it is, truly, a sign from God?

If it is not from God, how would a child of His come to know this?

Should we be leary of those who claim such things as having happened to them? Or would we be sinning to not believe that it is an act from the power of the Holy Spirit?

I have a chat-friend who claims to be in the faith and he says he has experienced this phenomena.

What are your understandings on this sort of thing?

4givN

There is absolutely no Scriptural validation for such phenomena, and further such a wonder (if even believable) would serve no purpose whatsoever, other than to draw attention to an individual. If I were this person, I would seriously examine my walk with God, and who it is I am seeking to glorify.
Signs and wonders, where there is a true manifestation of the Holy Spirit, are only given to confirm the validity of the gospel message, and to glorify Christ.

The only other signs spoke of in the Word are from Satan.

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Last edited:
This sort of testimony has been brought up before by someone else on another site I use to post on (can't remember the name of it, it's been awhile back) and it bothered me, in my spirit, but I could not figure out why. I shared my thoughts on why I believed it was not from God but was put down by many, on the subject, who I had believed were in the "faith". (Attention was drawn to the person who had experienced the phenomena more than on God, who they all assumed it had to be from.)

Now, I guess, Christians can be deceived by the devil? Perhaps if they do not know God's Word well or thinketh they know but really do not?

This chat-friend says that he did not ask for this special thing to happen to him and that he doesn't even really want it; mainly, because, he feels like an outcast. He says he usually keeps the phenomena to himself because people do not understand it; including, Christians.

Well, when he told me about it, I had to admit that I was concerned. I became silent and he felt compelled, then, to explain it - that it was something he didn't ask for, etc.

I told him that I would not stop communicating with him just because of this, but that I did not understand it and have a hard time believing it is from God; because, I do not see any Scriptures nor is the Holy Spirit reminding me of any Scriptures to back this kind of thing up.

He told me that people have named it under a "denomic phenomena" and I am prone to go that way with it, myself.

However, how would you share the truth of it with someone who, wholeheartedly, says they believe it was from the true God? I am inclined to leave it alone and not bring it up anymore.

Should I bring it up and help him find out, for sure, in the light of God's Word? (I did not know of any verses 'til you shared them, Coconut.)

I know we cannot know, for sure, about people online (because we do not see them, how they live, where they go, what sort of lives they truly lead) but, from what I've observed within the realm of our chats - he seems to know the true God and be quite involved in ministry, with gifts of the Holy Spirit (not including this phenomena).

What are your thoughts?

4givN

2Ti 3:1-5 and Eph 5:11 tells the christian what sort of people to have no fellowship with. That being said, you need only ask these two questions
when you are told something like this;

1) Does this give glory to Christ? (the Holy Spirit will only glorify Christ!)
2) Does the 'sign' have any scriptural basis.
If the answer is NO to even one of those, then what you are being told, or what you see must be rejected as false. The person who claims to know Christ and is supposedly having such an experience, must also reject it as false.

There is a grave concern (especially online) of those who will "turn away" some from the faith as it is talked about in the following passage. It is crucial to remember, that satan knows the true God better than any of us do, and can easily manifest himself as an angel of light (appear righteous)
The sorcerer was using sorcery (evil spirits producing unnatural effects)...pay close attention to how Paul recognized his intent ;)

Act 13:8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.
Then Saul, (who also [is called] Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,
And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Hi forgiven

The phenomenon you speak of is called "stigmata". I have always heard of it as bleeding from the palms of the hands and feet where Christ was nailed to the cross. This is the first time I have heard of it as bleeding from the wrists but I do remember now that some believe Jesus was nailed through His palms and some believe He was nailed through His wrists. The bible says palms, I believe.

I know of people who have had this and I truly do not know what to think of it but I don't think it would be from the devil. I cannot see any profit for the devil in doing that. I feel sorry for people who can't share what happens to them because nobody will believe. That is not to say I believe, I have no real idea what to think except that these people truly believe it happens.

Sister lisette, you said these three things...

I dont think...
I cannot see...
I have no real idea...

...and not one of your words show any regard for the authority of the Word of God. I find it very disturbing that christians will so readily answer questions pertaining to spiritual matters while relying only on human understanding, when we are told specifically and clearly not to do that in Gods own Word!

Administrator
Staff Member
In agreement with Coconut. Christians should not dare say anything (be silent) if they do not have the knowledge and/or wisdom from GOD to speak on a particular matter. We should not under estimate the damage in doing such a thing.

Coconut said:
Sister lisette, you said these three things...
I dont think...
I cannot see...
I have no real idea...
...and not one of your words show any regard for the authority of the Word of God. I find it very disturbing that christians will so readily answer questions pertaining to spiritual matters while relying only on human understanding, when we are told specifically and clearly not to do that in Gods own Word!

I know one thing for absolute sure. No one would be harmed by my words and no one is harmed by anybody who bleeds or says they bleed by their hands or feet. If the only thing that matters in this forum is the bible and what is in the bible and absolutely nothing else, then I will retire from this place., I speak from the love in the bible. If that is a sin, then I am a great sinner.

WHOAAA hold the phone I cant believe what I just read! You are kidding right? maybe your wording is not what you ment? See the BIBLE (very important ) says to be aware of false teachers.. and false miracles... The BIBLE also says that Love is very important but with out the TRUTH sister its just an emotion....

Yikes! I know you felt you had to do that, moderator Chad; mainly, for the sake of the weaker vessels and unbelievers (I am sure), but I would like to say I am sorry.

Just want to let you know, that the Holy Spirit showed me exactly what He showed Coconut and you in lisette's post: not being sure one way or the other, compromising a little, and not having any Scripture for which to back up the small belief that it was okay. And, yes, Coconut, I saw those little words. They really stood out, but I did not want to reply to them as I had a thought that what did happen would happen.

Nonetheless, believing that the Father would have me share what you shared with me with my chat-friend, I did share parts of what you shared and all the Scripture you shared with me and I have yet to read a reply.

I did not share about drawing attention to himself and I did not share that he should seriously examine his walk with God. I think those thoughts were better off just for me; perhaps, through the Scriptures, and if he hasn't already, he will seriously examine it.

Oh lisette, second post was the reason for your closed account, and if you haven't read, already, this is a site strictly for those who do believe that the Holy Bible has an answer for everthing. GOD's ways and thoughts are not our ways and thoughts, they are much higher than ours.

Peace,
4givN

Last edited by a moderator:
Signs and wonders are wonderful for the true believer, but we must be careful with them. Any sign that draws away attention from Christ and the true kingdom of God, as being saved by the grace of God, and the blood of his son Jesus Christ, needs to be taken with caution. Moses face shone as he talked to the children of Israel, when he returned from the mount after talking to God. Steven as he was about to be stoned by his listeners, it is recorded that his face became like unto and angel. So we need to be careful with signs and wonders so as to not be led astray... especially this type, that no doubt is recorded to happen mostly in the Roman Catholic faith. As well as bleeding statues of saints feet and hands...(ie Mary) and so on.

Paul had visions and revelations of Christ, and as he was telling it to the saints, he said he knew a man once who would come to these things, and that man was him. He did'nt want people to think of him any higher than they should because of this. 2Cor 12:1-12... So we also need to be careful around people who exalt self, and not God. But use wisdom around people who claim powers and show signs that could be of satan... one of the sorcerers wanted to know how to be saved, after he heard the gospel message. Acts 8:9-24 Light will show in darkness.

God bless

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing.

I do not believe the man is trying to draw attention to himself. I had asked him some question that made him think of it and, I think, he felt safe in sharing it with me. When I became silent, he got scared and shrunk back but let me know that he hasn't told many; because, with the few that he has told they all believe it is a sign from Satan instead of God and, of course, this discourages him. I am sure he has wrestled with it, in his mind, and perhaps, with the Lord.

I went ahead and shared with him what Coconut shared with us, here, and I have yet to hear from him.

Please pray for him. He says he serves the Lord in taking care of the poor and he writes songs and plays the piano in his church. He shares Scripture and he praises God and learns as we all do.

I've invited him to come and join this site, many a times, but he works and goes to school and has his own Christian sites he attends to; although, he did say he would visit and, maybe, join if he gets the chance.

Thank you, fellowservant, for sharing about the phenomenas that Moses and Steven encountered. I do remember those, and appreciate you reminding me of them. And, yes, I have heard about the bleeding of statues claimed by those in the Catholic faith. The Lord doesn't even want us carving images of things in the earth nor under it nor anything that is in heaven; so, just the "statue" itself concerns me; let alone, the bleeding of it.

Exodus 20:3-6 in the King James version Holy Bible reads,

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

"THOU SHALT NOT MAKE UNTO THEE ANY GRAVEN IMAGE, OR ANY LIKENESS OF ANY THING THAT IS IN HEAVEN ABOVE, OR THAT IS IN THE EARTH BENEATH, OR THAT IS IN THE WATER UNDER THE EARTH:

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

"And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments."

:eek:)

Okay, here is his response to what I shared with him from Coconut:

Christianpianoman (05:48 PM) :

I was Consumed by the Holy Spirit. My "episode" happened right after a discussion with someone that teaching the Word in a class. The discussion was about the philosophy of "ID" and its biblical ramficiations....

Christianpianoman (06:07 PM) :

.... To summarize the discussion, one we are composed as an "envelope". God is the creator of all "envelopes" of course. These envelopes are known are ID. Inside each envelope comprises of all things that make us up, such as character, looks, problems, etc....

Christianpianoman (06:09 PM) :

.... Once we understand that since we sometimes create problems within the envelope, we need to go outside the envelope to solve these problems. Obviously, we can only do this with God. :)

Christianpianoman (06:11 PM) :

... At this point of the conversation, we were talking about energy... positive vs negative.... good vs bad... God vs satan....

Christianpianoman (06:17 PM) :

I was taught that negative things in the envelope can be throw out... I asked if it was destroyed, but it does not... it still exists.. Like the devil being expelled from the host/stronghold...

Christianpianoman (06:18 PM) :

At that point, we prayed... and while I prayed I had a thought of these things...like tapping into clean power of love... and had an abstract thought from it.... yes, I am weird..lol... of levitation...

Christianpianoman (06:21 PM) :

Right at that moment, this teacher, told me to "stay put in my chair".. out of no where... I knew it was the Lord talking to me thru him... Then I consumed with the Spirit.... then my wrists bleed....

Christianpianoman (06:24 PM) :

There is more to it... but the explaination of the events are such. There are also other things that have happened in my life that I do not really discuss, such as head on collision with both travelling around 60...equivalent to hitting a brick wall at 120 mph... total demolition... not a scratch on me.

Christianpianoman (06:26 PM) :

and something even more bizzare... but you would not believe me...

Christianpianoman (06:31 PM) :

I have been shown God's grace and His mercy, and at times, the Gospel was not the issue AT THE TIME. This is what I understand as His "prevenient Grace". Something down the road is in store for me to glorify Him, or it already might of, I do not know. It does not matter to me in the sense of pride, or being chosen. I just do what He wants me to. Life is so much better because....

Christianpianoman (06:31 PM) :

... I am accountable to myself, with God being my accountant. :)

Christianpianoman (06:32 PM) :

Hallelujah.

Last edited:
Sister, this little bit you shared speaks volumnes! Your friend speaks of having this experience while being taught the "Word", but there is no indication of any teaching of the WORD in anything he said!

Christianpianoman: "My "episode" happened right after a discussion with someone that teaching the Word in a class. The discussion was about the philosophy of "ID" and its biblical ramficiations...."

HUH? That one flew right over the coo-coo`s nest...or coconuts nest!... LOL...but I`d love to know what they concluded the ramifications are ;)

None of these things- "Tapping into power", "energy", "levitation" are Biblical practices, regardless of how much christian rhetoric your friend shares with you!
Those are occultic practices, and I will share with you a link that may help you recognize the terminology he is weaving into your conversations.

Please readers beware of ANY teaching that has no scriptural foundation...and be doubley aware of those who say they are christian, but embrace teachings that are contrary to the Word of God!

"Those who judge the authenticity and/or safeness of a particular practice based only on their experiences and gut instincts are frequently misled into participating in spiritually dangerous occult and cult practices and doctrines."

http://www.creationists.org/reiki.html

Yes God is our accountant...and here is what GOD has said:

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

...and not after Christ

...and not after Christ

...and not after Christ

Last edited:
Thank you, so much, Coconut, for sharing.

I believe it the way you believe it.

I will share this last thing from you, with him; giving the Lord opportunity to work and, hoping, he has an ear to hear.

"Do your utmost to present yourself approved to God, a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of the truth aright.

"But shun empty speeches that violate what is holy; for they will advance to more and more ungodliness,

"and their word will spread like gangrene. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of that number.

"These very (men) have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some.

"For all that, the solid foundation of God stays standing, having this seal: 'Jehovah knows those who belong to him,' and: 'Let everyone naming the name of Jehovah renounce unrighteousness.'"

2nd Timothy 2:15-19 in the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures

Thanks, again, Coconut, for pointing out the descrepencies and backing it up with God's Holy Word.

4givN

Here's more he had to share:

Christianpianoman (00:19 AM) :

I assure you that I do not do anything to put me on any higher than the level of dirt where I come from, as it is not about me. never has, never will. I am only a broken vessel, a servant, and can only be obedient to my Lord, day and night. Meditating only creates trees. Obedience creates fruits. :)

Christianpianoman (01:28 AM) :

Remember that Meditation is not good enough, as it is only a start. Same goes with faith. FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD. (rom 9:32-33) YOU WILL BE JUDGED BY YOUR WORKS. (rev 20:12). You can study all you want, meditate all you want, etc., but it is meaningless unless you use it. THE FIELDS ARE RIPE FOR HARVEST.

Christianpianoman (01:30 AM) :

And finally, one need not worry about a splinter in anothers eye......... :) Judge, and be judged.

P.S.,

Just wanted the readers to know, I was not/am not judging this man but I was/am judging his experience. God warns us and tells us to "test the spirits to see whether they are from Him (God) or not."

We cannot accept everything as truth; otherwise, we may be led astray.

Satan not only CAN disguise himself as an angel of light, but DOES and we must keep this in rememberance, when facing things of this nature. We must test and judge the spirits, and this is what I was doing in light of what this man told me.

Also, God does expect us (Christians) to judge between what is right and wrong in the lives of other Christians and of those who claim to be Christians. We are commanded to do it with love and from a pure heart and in carfulness so we do not bring any false accusation against a brother or sister but, also, that we may remove any ungodly ones from within the congregation. This helps to keep order in our meetings together and to keep from becoming a stumbling block to others and cuts down on offenses in the church.

"Better is open rebuke from a friend than kisses from an enemy." (Proverbs)

I pray for the one mentioned above: "christianpianoman".

4givN

Last edited:
Dear Friend,

I am sure the Lord uses many channels to communicate His message. Inspiration comes from diverse sources and happenings.There are many things that occur that we mortals do not understand but when you see the sick cured, the evil redeemed, the anxious healed then the Hand Of God is close to all.Pray and trust.

Nicholas.