• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Any [PARENTS] with School-Aged Children?? [READ THIS]

Active
Greetings brothers and sisters,

Just a quick message to all our parents with children in the school system.
Many parents are unaware (especially in the USA where I live), thaT the school system
is trying to force feed your children the new sexual agenda.

Most schools do not inform parents that they are teaching their children that
the LGBTQ lifestyle is some type of alternative. They are also telling children to question
their sexuality and explore if they are gay or not. I've worked in the school systems as
a school-based therapist and a coordinator of school-based mental health, so I'm very
aware of the push. I also worked at a department of social services in my state in which
I saw that the state was changing all their policies concerning children in foster care
all over the State so that case-workers were instructed to refer to children as the gender
that the child chooses, and to ask children to question their sexuality and explore if they
are gay, etc. This was 2 years ago, so it is in full effect now.

There is a big systematic effort my friends to create a generation that is
sexual ignorant of the word of GOD. It is not the schools job to transfer values to your children,
it is your job as a parent. Please, please please, take a moment and check in with your children
about what they are learning in school. If you haven't already I guarantee you that there
are some things that you are unaware that the school is teaching your child. Children
are getting condoms from the school nurse, girls are getting abortions without parental
knowledge. Furthermore, most schools nows have LGBT clubs and are regularly exposed
to lessons from the school guidance about the LGBT lifestyle. Please education your
child on Biblical view of sexuality.

With Love, your brother in Christ.

Active
If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.
Mark 9:42

Active
Sharing an article I did for a class (Social Work) on the topic. The field is hyper -sexual and I'm trying to serve as a witness even in my discussion post in this PRO-LGBT and hypersexual culture. (Read Below)

=------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the case study of Loretta, a 17 year old white female, we find Loretta in a stage of sexual exploration. The case study shows that there are many consequences of her behavior that she is not aware of. As a result she seems to continue recklessly with these behaviors. Though her parents are concerned about her, they do not seem able to modify her behavior.

A Development Stage

Sex and sexuality is a developmental stage that children go through as they enter adolescence (Boyatzis & Junn, 2016). The culture in which adolescents live as well as their family system plays an important role in a healthy transition through this stage (Robinson, Smith, & Davies, n.d). Through the culture, messages are sent concerning what is acceptable and what is expected behaviors, and in the home parents seek to transfer their values to their children often seeking their best interest.
Messages and Values

Loretta finds herself in a stage of sexuality which nowadays is extremely difficult nowadays for children to navigate due to many mix messages. The messages are not only confusing at times to children but is further complicated by the many controversies that surround sex, such are religious values, family values, and societal values (Robinson, et al., n.d). As a professional it seems that we live in a culture that is hyper-sexual. Unfortunately many parents are unaware or in denial that their children are engaged in sexual behaviors (M. Chiweshe, & T. Chiweshe, 2018). As a result social and educational systems often try to play the role of the parent in which society tries to pass on it's values of sexuality to children. This further can add to the divide between society and family and lead to more difficulties in presenting a unified message to adolescents. For Loretta however, her parents are aware of her sexual behaviors, they are however unable to connect with her in a manner that is keeping her safe.

Professional Orientations

Sex can be such a powerful and sensitive topic because sex is a power and sensitive act. Many professionals have their own personal sexual experiences whether positive or negative which may at times inappropriately influence the therapeutic process. As professionals it is important to be aware of our personal values when dealing with such topics as sex. In some situations our values may lead us in the client's best interest and other times it will lead us away from the client's best interest. The first step as professionals is to be aware of our personal biases to make sure that they do not blind our clinical judgment. This however does not mean that a clinician should throw away all of their values to when working with a client, it however means we should be aware of where we stand so that when we overstep being led my our fundamental position, we can better realize potential errors. There can be an opportunity to better serve our clients through the clinical experienced gathered from our caseloads. Relying on more objective data that is not heavily skewed by personal blindspots can be helpful.

A Need for Maturity

When going through any stage of development the goal is maturity. A child growing through the stage of potty training comes out healthy if they can pass through that stage in a mature manner. The same can be said of other stages such as talking, beginning school, etc, etc. Each of these stages has various character traits to be mastered as one passes through the stage. For the stage of sexual development, it seems that the mastery of self-control, self-respect, and purity are great traits that likely characterize successful progression through this stage. Just as a child who never learns to accept "no" from their parents or authority is more likely to be a threat to the police (authority) as an adult, adolescents who do not appropriately mature and gain those needed character traits through the sexual development stage are more inclined to be adults who have a lack of self control and self respect in sexual behaviors (sex offenders, etc). Professionals should facilitate healthy communication with parent and child so that are child's transition through this stage is characterized by maturity through self-control and sexual purity, rather than impulsive sexual exploration and a lack of self-respect.

For example during this stage many teenagers engage in sex-texting in which they send nude pictures of themselves to another. Such would be an example of a behavior that does not lead to maturity, purity, self-respect, or self-control, instead youth are sometimes charged with felonies for such behaviors (Taylor, 2009). Studies show that Parent's involvement in the decision making process of children can be very helpful (Piehler & Winters, 2017). In Loretta's case, facilitating healthy communication with her parents would be a good place to start.

Discussion

Sex is not only a physical act but many believe spiritual as well since a new life comes out of the process. Through the act of sexual intercourse we are able to create life. This is no small matter. Unfortunately because the magnitude of the responsibility that comes with sex often is not realized by adolescents, and it is not always shared in the media or discussed by parents, adolescents often engage in the act of sex with little care of the consequences. As a result there are many unwanted pregnancies which are aborted due to underage sexual exploration (Liu, Farrugia, Vigod, Urquia, & Ray, 2018). Moreover adolescents are usually not in a stage of life that supports such sexual relationships as most teenagers do not have their own housing, are financially dependent on their parents, and have not matured fully in their personality to be in a position to take care of a child or mature enough to deal with the emotional load that a sexual relationship brings.

Reflecting on the classic Stanford Marshmallow experiment which showed a strong correlation between many developmental (and other) benefits with children who were able to show delay gratification. Similarly, it seems that when it comes to the stage of sexual develop society is teaching everything except delayed gratification and parents are either ignoring or inappropriately communicating with their children. We should emphasize an environment of self-control (delay gratification) and sexual purity, which fosters self-respect and maturity; not through ignoring the topic but by fostering healthy parent and child communication. As professionals we should seek the client's best interest while being aware of their family situations the cultural messages and our own beliefs.

References
Boyatzis, C. J., & Junn, E. N. (2016). Annual editions: Child growth and development

(22nd ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.​

Campbell, J. (2018). Stanford marshmallow experiment. Salem Press Encyclopedia

of Health.

Liu, N., Farrugia, M. M., Vigod, S. N., Urquia, M. L., & Ray, J. G. (2018). Intergenerational

abortion tendency between mothers and teenage daughters: a population-based cohort study. CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal, (4), 95.

Manase Kudzai Chiweshe, & Malvern Tatenda Chiweshe. (2018). ‘Not My Child’: Parents’

Denial About Adolescent Sexuality in Harare, Zimbabwe. Journal of Family and Reproductive Health , Vol 11, Iss 3, Pp 119-127 (2018), (3), 119.

Piehler, T. F., & Winters, K. C. (2017). Decision-making style and response to parental

involvement in brief interventions for adolescent substance use.

Journal of Family Psychology,31(3), 336-346.

Robinson, K. H., Smith, E., & Davies, C. (n.d.). Responsibilities, tensions and ways forward:

parents’ perspectives on children’s sexuality education. Sex education sexuality society and learning, 17(3), 333–347.

Taylor, K. R. (2009). “Sexting”: Fun or Felony? Principal Leadership: Middle Level Edition,

9(8), 60–62.

Loyal
Greetings brothers and sisters,

Just a quick message to all our parents with children in the school system.
Many parents are unaware (especially in the USA where I live), thaT the school system
is trying to force feed your children the new sexual agenda.

Most schools do not inform parents that they are teaching their children that
the LGBTQ lifestyle is some type of alternative. They are also telling children to question
their sexuality and explore if they are gay or not. I've worked in the school systems as
a school-based therapist and a coordinator of school-based mental health, so I'm very
aware of the push. I also worked at a department of social services in my state in which
I saw that the state was changing all their policies concerning children in foster care
all over the State so that case-workers were instructed to refer to children as the gender
that the child chooses, and to ask children to question their sexuality and explore if they
are gay, etc. This was 2 years ago, so it is in full effect now.

There is a big systematic effort my friends to create a generation that is
sexual ignorant of the word of GOD. It is not the schools job to transfer values to your children,
it is your job as a parent. Please, please please, take a moment and check in with your children
about what they are learning in school. If you haven't already I guarantee you that there
are some things that you are unaware that the school is teaching your child. Children
are getting condoms from the school nurse, girls are getting abortions without parental
knowledge. Furthermore, most schools nows have LGBT clubs and are regularly exposed
to lessons from the school guidance about the LGBT lifestyle. Please education your
child on Biblical view of sexuality.

With Love, your brother in Christ.
That fits in with the post I just put up..."The Days of Noah"

Staff Member
Thank you for sharing @Jesus_is_LORD

Very true and timely.

There was an initiative through Australia called the Safe Schools Coalition.
It sounded great on the surface.

But it was nothing more than an agenda to indoctrinate and mould young children by making them question gender and accept homosexuality.