• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Answered Prayer

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our ancestors; may he never leave us or abandon us. May he give us the desire to do his will in everything and to obey all the commands, decrees, and regulations that he gave our ancestors. 1 Kings 8:57-57 NLT

Earth’s wisest king wanted assurance that God would never leave or abandon, and he wanted God to give the people a desire to obey.

Today you can trust that God is always with you (Hebrews 13:5) and believe that the desire to follow is inspired by God’s Spirit (John 14:17). Solomon’s prayer became a foundation for transformation.

You can’t move mountains, turn hard hearts soft, or rescue yourself from even one sinful choice. Then again, what you can’t do, God has already done. Before you thought to ask for help, He offered.

First Corinthians 10:13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

You can’t go where God is not (Romans 8:38-29). When your heart is shattered, He’s close (Psalm 34:18). When you need to get out of the storm, He’s your refuge (Psalm 46:1).

Prayer: Dear God, I’m grateful You choose to stay with me and allow Your Spirit to teach, guide, and help me do what You ask. Help me never to be too preoccupied to walk with You.