• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Answer the Call

Staff Member
When Jesus went ashore, He saw a large crowd, and He felt compassion for them because they were like sheep without a shepherd; and He began to teach them many things. Mark 6:34

When Colonel William Travis sent out a desperate plea for help to defend the Alamo on February 24, 1836, he knew things were headed south in a hurry. Only thirty-two men from a nearby town responded to his call, and while it’s likely that even a turnout of hundreds wouldn’t have been enough to hold off the Mexican army, no one will ever know because so few came to the aid of their brothers-in-arms.

When Jesus told us to pray for God to send workers out into the ripe harvest fields, the next thing He said was, “Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves” (Luke 10:3). Even if you leave the work of conviction to its rightful handler, the Holy Spirit, it still takes courage to go out and share about Jesus.

If you don’t feel equipped, get equipped. Seek an experienced, trustworthy believer to guide you through walking with God. If you already know how, equip others. The battle is right there, not just in the world, but in your home, at work, and in the church. Keep your knees bent and your eyes peeled; ask God to break your heart with what breaks His. The call has been sent to get involved. How will you answer Him today?

Loyal
When Jesus went ashore, He saw a large crowd, and He felt compassion for them because they were like sheep without a shepherd; and He began to teach them many things. Mark 6:34

When Colonel William Travis sent out a desperate plea for help to defend the Alamo on February 24, 1836, he knew things were headed south in a hurry. Only thirty-two men from a nearby town responded to his call, and while it’s likely that even a turnout of hundreds wouldn’t have been enough to hold off the Mexican army, no one will ever know because so few came to the aid of their brothers-in-arms.

When Jesus told us to pray for God to send workers out into the ripe harvest fields, the next thing He said was, “Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves” (Luke 10:3). Even if you leave the work of conviction to its rightful handler, the Holy Spirit, it still takes courage to go out and share about Jesus.

If you don’t feel equipped, get equipped. Seek an experienced, trustworthy believer to guide you through walking with God. If you already know how, equip others. The battle is right there, not just in the world, but in your home, at work, and in the church. Keep your knees bent and your eyes peeled; ask God to break your heart with what breaks His. The call has been sent to get involved. How will you answer Him today?

This is what my devotion was about today. The song the Lord put in my heart today was "Soldiers of Christ Arise," one of the old hymns.