• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

animal sacrifice during the millennial kingdom??

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
HI BAC

If you look at Ezekeil it is a vision from the Lord he gives to him of the future is what I believe, it seems to me he is describing the temple and the alter that he is going to have in the 1,000 year rain of Christ it definatlye in the future and the enemy has been put down.

But I am no expert that is for sure would love to here what you think BAC

Ezekiel 40:1–49 describe the Vision of the New Temple

Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the people of Israel forever. And the house of Israel shall no more defile my holy name, neither they, nor their kings, by their ******* and by the dead bodies of their kings at their high places,only a wall between me and them. They have defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed, so I have consumed them in my anger. and I will dwell in their midst forever.

son of man, describe to the house of Israel the temple, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities; and they shall measure the plan. make known to them the design of the temple, its arrangement, its exits and its entrances, that is, its whole design; and make known to them as well all its statutes and its whole design and all its laws, and write it down in their sight, so that they may observe all its laws and all its statutes and carry them out. the mountain kl_em_you_must_be_logged_in_to_see_this_linkall around shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the temple.

Loyal
So your saying you think Ezekiel is talking about the temple that is reconstructed at the time of tribulation?

I think it is midway in tribulation

Loyal
that is interesting and would make more sense as having the Jew reinstate the sacrifice, I mean I can understand the traditional Jew doing that. Having a hard time understanding why it would be needed or done in the millennial

However what leads me to believe this temple Ezekiel is speaking about is the following scripture. Although I am with you 100% that during tribulation period another temple will be built I am not 100% sure which temple Ezekiel is speaking about but this scripture here to me suggest it is the final temple the one in the 1000 year reign of Christ

Ezekiel 43
While the man was standing beside me, I heard one speaking to me out of the temple, kl_em_you_must_be_logged_in_to_see_this_linkand he said to me, “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the people of Israel forever. And the house of Israel shall no more defile my holy name, neither they, nor their kings, by their ******* and by the dead bodieskl_em_you_must_be_logged_in_to_see_this_link of their kings at their high places,.

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
Ezekiel 43
While the man was standing beside me, I heard one speaking to me out of the temple, kl_em_you_must_be_logged_in_to_see_this_linkand he said to me, “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the people of Israel forever. And the house of Israel shall no more defile my holy name, neither they, nor their kings, by their ******* and by the dead bodieskl_em_you_must_be_logged_in_to_see_this_link of their kings at their high places,.
I believe this also. But will God live in a temple made by men? Or will He reign from the new Jerusalem?
I believe the third temple will likely be destroyed as well.
Rev 21:22; I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

There was a study done on this a while back about Revelation and the New Jerusalem, and I don't have time to post it all here.
But I believe that the current Mt Zion is where the new Jerusalem will be. There are dozens of verses that say He will reign from Mt Zion. (it's an interesting study)

Loyal
BAC

So the two questions that come to mind that you bring up are great !!

1. What time period is Ezekiel speaking of when he describes the temple in the future??

2. Rev 21;22 states he saw no temple, I will have to explore this more as he speaking of only the New Jerusalem I think, which may or may not cover the answer. It brings up another question, perhaps the temple is outside the New Jerusalem and that is why he did not see it???

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
BAC

So the two questions that come to mind that you bring up are great !!

1. What time period is Ezekiel speaking of when he describes the temple in the future??

2. Rev 21;22 states he saw no temple, I will have to explore this more as he speaking of only the New Jerusalem I think, which may or may not cover the answer. It brings up another question, perhaps the temple is outside the New Jerusalem and that is why he did not see it???
I believe the temple will be built either slightly before or during the tribulation.

Dan 11:31; "Forces from him will arise, desecrate the sanctuary fortress, and do away with the regular sacrifice. And they will set up the abomination of desolation.
Dan 12:11; "From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.

The "regular" sacrifice will be done away with. It isn't in the Bible, but Jewish tradition holds that Antiochus Epiphanes sacrificed swine on the altar (the most unclean animal in Judaism).

Matt 24:15; "Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),
Mark 13:14; "But when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION standing where it should not be (let the reader understand), then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains.

So there are a few possibilities about Ezekiel.
1. It could be when the third temple is first built and consecrated.
2. It could after it was desecrated for 3 1/2 years ( Dan 12:11; )
3. This temple could be with Christ reigns during the millennial reign, and needed to be "cleaned up"
before He reigns there.
a. Is animal sacrifice going to be enough to sanctify this for "the lamb"?
b. Even if He reigns here for a thousand years, He won't reign there "after" the thousand years.

To me, Rev 21:22; is saying there doesn't need to be any other temple. But this is the new Jerusalem, "after" the
millennial reign.

Loyal
Love it BAC !!! thank you

, I am still not 100% clear but I am getting much closer thank you for taking the time to respond,

Yes I was mistakenly assuming the NJ and 1,000 reign were at the same time, I am so glad you pointed that out to me, NJ is after the 1,000 yr reign I see that now. And that is for sure no temple or sacrifice needed there, I agree 100% on that now thanks.

Active
Well, glad you figured it out.

The gates to the city are there, just no temple as such, for there wont be need of it.

Am not sure why there needs to be a temple when you think when Jesus returns wont they just know Him anyway and that there is no need for further sacrifice..but maybe thats just unfinished business for the remant who haven bowed their knees to baal.

To us gentiles whove accept Jesus as messiah already it seems a bit strange. But then we dont celebrate passover every year and keep the feasts the way jews do which entails the need for a passover lamb to be sacrificed and eaten. But clearly in revleation Jesus rules and reigns from the new Jerusalem...other features of the centre of the city are revealed here like the trees that are healing for all nations and the river that is fhe water of life that flows out to heal the entire earth. Its pretty cool.

Jesus ruling and reigning for 1000 years...its like the handover or coronation period for a new monarch, to my mind...dont quote me though as Im trying to picture it as well, when the New Jeruslem comes down, its also with God the Father..as revelation says Lord God almighty and the Lamb (Jesus being the Lamb of God of course)

And so we will be with Jesus and God the Father after the millenium for eternity. In other parts of the bible you read God has his throne and son Jesus is at His right hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
BAC

about the animal sacrifices being reinstated, I think I was wrong as to the timing, its hard to tell exactly but I think instead of the millennium being the time they are reinstated they are during the tribulation (like you said ;) ) when the Jews get there temple back and before the desolation hard to say for sure though but that makes more sense to me as I can see the Jews being naive to thinking they need to do this, where as I can not find any reason for the need in the 1000 year reign of Christ , but I am still not sure 100%. Because in Ezekiel to me the chapter starting around 40 is sequence of events that happen after Christ returns and to accept the theory that the temple ezekel is seeing a vision goes against the natural sequence of events that happen after Christ return. So undecided for sure that I am 100% certain. But I definatley am leaning towards your theory at the moment subject to change LOL have a great weekend

mathew 24
kl_em_you_must_be_logged_in_to_see_this_link“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’kl_em_you_must_be_logged_in_to_see_this_link spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— kl_em_you_must_be_logged_in_to_see_this_linkthen let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains

Active
The internet shows several reasons. I would think it at least has something to do with Satan.....nearing his final demise, I would bet, that in part and since the Temple is re-built, he would, ironically, push animal sacrifices over the final work of Jesus Christ!