• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Angels...

Active
So a recent discussion has aroused my curiosity....Christians believe that angels are "spirit" beings, but evidence says that they have solid bodies and skills like manipulating the world around them.... My question....Where does the bible say that angels are spirits and not solid? Jacob wrestled with an angel all night, and the angel put Jacobs hip out of Joint...An angel nudges Peter awake with his foot then unlocked a door....Abraham fed two angels....or was it three? Two angels dragged Lot into his house and closed the door...
There are many examples of solid angels but where are the scriptures that say angels are not solid? Or is this just another Christian myth?

Loyal
When they talk to you in your dreams, they arent solid there even if you see them as solid.

Genesis 31:11

Then the Angel of God spoke to me in a dream, saying, ‘Jacob.’ And I said, ‘Here I am.’

A pillar of smoke or fire isnt solid like you and me.

Exodus 14:19

And the Angel of God, who went before the camp of Israel, moved and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud went from before them and stood behind them.

In the story of Baalam and his donkey, Baalam didnt see a physical body. Although his donkey saw something. Animals can sense spirits better than most humans.

Psalm 104:4

Who makes His angels spirits, His ministers a flame of fire.

Zechariah 6:5

And the angel answered and said to me, “These are four spirits of heaven, who go out from their station before the Lord of all the earth.

Hebrews 1:7

And of the angels He says: “Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire.”

Active
When they talk to you in your dreams, they arent solid there even if you see them as solid.

Genesis 31:11

Then the Angel of God spoke to me in a dream, saying, ‘Jacob.’ And I said, ‘Here I am.’

A pillar of smoke or fire isnt solid like you and me.

Exodus 14:19

And the Angel of God, who went before the camp of Israel, moved and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud went from before them and stood behind them.

In the story of Baalam and his donkey, Baalam didnt see a physical body. Although his donkey saw something. Animals can sense spirits better than most humans.

Psalm 104:4

Who makes His angels spirits, His ministers a flame of fire.

Zechariah 6:5

And the angel answered and said to me, “These are four spirits of heaven, who go out from their station before the Lord of all the earth.

Hebrews 1:7

And of the angels He says: “Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire.”
Good answer....so far