• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

And when You Die Your 1st Stop Ain't Heaven I don't care what you Believe, or What they told You. you are going to the grave

When you die, you go to sleep, til we are raised and judged.
May not be what the pastor teaches but its was the bible
consistently does, like it or not.

Some of yall hold onto passed down teaching so tightly you cant
even see what the Word is saying clear as day. It's not popular,
but the truth rarely is.

Active
When you die, you go to sleep, til we are raised and judged.
May not be what the pastor teaches but its was the bible
consistently does, like it or not.

Some of yall hold onto passed down teaching so tightly you cant
even see what the Word is saying clear as day. It's not popular,
but the truth rarely is.
1. So one is cremated, how are the raised?
2.Being "raised and judged " ... why is that not instantly, why do some believe there is a waiting period ?

1. So one is cremated, how are the raised?
2.Being "raised and judged " ... why is that not instantly, why do some believe there is a waiting period ?
1.Your flesh isnt raised, thats only Jesus. Our spirit is what is raised up.
2. Cant answer why, God has His reasons. I would guess its for time ( of the earthly living ) to pass where all things are fulfilled.
Any time in the ground passing is not realized, sort of like we dont realize when we are asleep in the natural body.

Active
1.Your flesh isnt raised, thats only Jesus. Our spirit is what is raised up.
2. Cant answer why, God has His reasons. I would guess its for time ( of the earthly living ) to pass where all things are fulfilled.
Any time in the ground passing is not realized, sort of like we dont realize when we are asleep in the natural body.
Yes, I think it is prudent to realize how perfect and holy God is.
We don't understand this because we are too profane now!
Some how He gives us body just like Jesus...maybe some day we too will walk through doors but feel human when touched!

Loyal
Yes, I think it is prudent to realize how perfect and holy God is.
We don't understand this because we are too profane now!
Some how He gives us body just like Jesus...maybe some day we too will walk through doors but feel human when touched!
What doors, Glorified bodies don't need doors, and eternity do not have doors, nor matter or space. 12 gates to city is the "New Jerusalem" coming down out of the Heaven and dwelling in the sky. But after the thousand year Reign, and the Great White Throne Judgment, There will be no sky, no earth, no heaven, no air, no Sun, no moon, and no stars, no Time and no universe, But God is Going "Create" something brand new! now what that is, i don't know. But one thing i do know, we will become "The GLORY of GOD" Manifested Throughout All Eternity in which there is no end, And every moment in Eternity we will "Shine" Brighter and Brighter than the moment before! For The Bible has declared this. And I am a Believer in its Truths!

"And many who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake, some to everlasting life, but others to shame and everlasting contempt. Then the wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever and ever. But you, Daniel, shut up these words and seal the book until the time of the end."

Matthew 13:43
Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Proverbs 4:18
The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining brighter and brighter until midday.

The Book of Remembrance
"Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD listened attentively and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and esteem His name. “And they will be Mine,” says the LORD of armies, “on the day that I prepare My own possession, and I will have compassion for them just as a man has compassion for his own son who serves him.” So you will again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him." [THAT IS A GIFT from GOD the Father]

Proverbs 11:30
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

PS Jesus did not receive HIs Glorified Body until He Got to Heaven. His Resurrected Body was not The Glorified Body! His resurrected body had "Holes" in it! And what kind of Body is a "Glorified Body" we don't know.

Berean Study Bible
Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when Christ appears, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is.

Active
What doors, Glorified bodies don't need doors, and eternity do not have doors, nor matter or space. 12 gates to city is the "New Jerusalem" coming down out of the Heaven and dwelling in the sky. But after the thousand year Reign, and the Great White Throne Judgment, There will be no sky, no earth, no heaven, no air, no Sun, no moon, and no stars, no Time and no universe, But God is Going "Create" something brand new! now what that is, i don't know. But one thing i do know, we will become "The GLORY of GOD" Manifested Throughout All Eternity in which there is no end, And every moment in Eternity we will "Shine" Brighter and Brighter than the moment before! For The Bible has declared this. And I am a Believer in its Truths!

"And many who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake, some to everlasting life, but others to shame and everlasting contempt. Then the wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever and ever. But you, Daniel, shut up these words and seal the book until the time of the end."

Matthew 13:43
Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Proverbs 4:18
The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining brighter and brighter until midday.

The Book of Remembrance
"Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD listened attentively and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and esteem His name. “And they will be Mine,” says the LORD of armies, “on the day that I prepare My own possession, and I will have compassion for them just as a man has compassion for his own son who serves him.” So you will again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him." [THAT IS A GIFT from GOD the Father]

Proverbs 11:30
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

PS Jesus did not receive HIs Glorified Body until He Got to Heaven. His Resurrected Body was not The Glorified Body! His resurrected body had "Holes" in it! And what kind of Body is a "Glorified Body" we don't know.

Berean Study Bible
Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when Christ appears, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is.
Who knows for sure but God!
"Walking Trough Doors " is just a Metaphor of what is too come.
Ressurected Body, Heavenly Body, Glorified Body , who knows for sure?

It is good enough for me to just dream, as a Believer, of what it might mean to share in all of Jesus's inheritance .

If there are no impossibities for Jesus, possibly there will be none for us either. We will be Perfected and Glorified; I " Can Only Imagine"!

Active
None of these verse
For there is only one Who has ascended to Heaven, that person is The One who Descended from Heaven! And the only way you are going to get there, He is coming down here to get you and take you Back from where HE came. And for everyone who have died before you, is waiting in the Grave. [Hades} until,

New American Standard Bible
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

For Jesus has already told you, now who are you going to believe?
(John 3:13)NASB
New King James Version
"No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven."
For we are waiting for His return to come get us and take us to "[The Ceremony Table"].

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe in Me as well. In My Father’shouse are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepar.e a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am."

We are waiting for Jesus Return. "THAT WAS A "PROMISE" THAT WE ALL, ARE WAITING FOR! That is our Hope. That is what we long for, for we gaze into "The Skies".

For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.

1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

John 21:22
Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain until I return, what is that to you? You follow Me!"

Now here is "The Cream of The Crop":pensive:
Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Encore:

New International Version
"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first."
None of these verses say we are stuck in a grave until the end....

Active
Yes thankyou
for we shall all sleep (unconscious without memory or thoughts) in Sheol and await for the day of resurrection
there is a first resurrection and there is a second resurrection >> those who are worthy of the first resurrection have no fear of the second death.
you know this is as controversial with mainstream Christians as water baptism and OSAS.
If Jesus took His people out of Sheol, why would He send us there? Jesus went into Sheol...He preached to the saved and led them out.....

Ephesians 4:7-9

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Active
Scripture does not teach that our "soul" returns to God at death - scripture teaches that the spirit God gives to a human or animal returns to him.
As to our "soul" that like OSAS is very contentious and people will argue and bicker here on TalkJesus about what is our soul??
The scriptures clearly teach that in death ALL people sleep in Sheol awaiting their resurrection (either the first or the second).

Psalm 17:15 As for me [David], I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.
Job 14:12 so a man lies down and rises not again; till the heavens are no more he will not awake or be roused out of his sleep.
Daniel 12:13 But go your way till the end. And you shall rest and shall stand in your allotted place at the end of the days.
John 11:23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”
11:24 Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.”
Just a thought....If you are a spirit, you have a soul, and you live in a body....where do you suppost your soul resides.
Right! Your soul resides in YOU a spirit..Your soul resides in your spirit.

Active
Scripture does not teach that our "soul" returns to God at death - scripture teaches that the spirit God gives to a human or animal returns to him.
As to our "soul" that like OSAS is very contentious and people will argue and bicker here on TalkJesus about what is our soul??
The scriptures clearly teach that in death ALL people sleep in Sheol awaiting their resurrection (either the first or the second).

Psalm 17:15 As for me [David], I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.
Job 14:12 so a man lies down and rises not again; till the heavens are no more he will not awake or be roused out of his sleep.
Daniel 12:13 But go your way till the end. And you shall rest and shall stand in your allotted place at the end of the days.
John 11:23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”
11:24 Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.”
You said "
The scriptures clearly teach that in death ALL people sleep in Sheol awaiting their resurrection (either the first or the second). "
Let me repeat a question I asked someone else on this thread... Consider now....You are a spirit...you have a soul....and you live in a body...Where do you think your soul resides? It resides in you, a spirit...It resides in your spirit

Active
SDA can certainly cite scripture that sustains their beliefs in Soul Sleep.

While those who believe Christians enter Heaven immediately after they did have scripture supporting that as well.
Phillipians 2, 2nd Corinthians 5, 1 Thessalonians 4.
"...The verb “to sleep,” koimao, is used of both natural sleep (Matt. 28:13; Luke 22:45; Acts 12:6), and of death, but only of the death of the Christian (here in vss. 13, 14, 15; Matt. 27:52; Jn. 11:11; 1 Cor. 7:39; 11:30; 15:6, 18, 51; 2 Pe. 3:4). In 1 Thess. 5, the word used for sleep is a different Greek word and in the context refers, not to physical death, but to spiritual and moral complacency."