• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

And the people were scorched by intense heat, and they cursed the name of God,

Loyal
Revelation 16:9
And the people were scorched by intense heat, and they cursed the name of God, who had authority over these plagues; yet they did not repent and give Him glory.

New American Standard Bible (REV. 16:11)
and they blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pain and their sores; and they did not repent of their deeds.

Revelation 16:21
And great hailstones weighing almost a hundred pounds each rained down on them from above. And men cursed God for the plague of hail, because it was so horrendous.

2 Timothy 3:13
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

A lot censoring is going around especially Authoritative "Biblical Expositor" and real Press. And i can see why, We cannot frighten the people. :pensive:
The language is, these times are UNPRECEDENTED the leaders of the world is using this type of language.

Believe me, Leaders do not want to use this type of Language if they do it is bad, and they cannot keep it in. And they are telling us everything.

Loyal
Matthew 24:3 And as he was sitting on the mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, Tell us when these things shall be? and what the sign of thy presence and consummation of the age?
4 And Jesus answered and said to them, Take heed that no one lead you astray.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am the Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars; see ye be not troubled: for it must come to pass; but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and famines shall be and earthquakes in diverse places.
8 But all these are the beginning of travails.
9 Then shall they deliver you up unto tribulation, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all the nations for my name’s sake.
10 And then shall many stumble and shall deliver up one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall arise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because the lawlessness shall be multiplied, the love of the many shall wax cold. [lawlessness = contempt and violation of law, iniquity, wickedness]
13 But who endures unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole inhabited earth for a witness unto all the nations; and then shall the end come.

Loyal
Mark 13:19 For those days shall be tribulation, such as there has not been the like from the beginning of creation which God created until now, and never shall be.
20 And except the Lord had shortened the days, no flesh would have been saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom he chose, he shortened the days. [nuclear war??]
Mark 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
25 and the stars shall be falling from the heaven, and the powers in the heavens shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall he send forth the angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from earth’s end to heaven’s end.

Loyal
Luke 21:25 And signs shall be in sun and moon and stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, in perplexity for the roaring of sea and billow;
26 men fainting for fear, and expectation of the things coming on the inhabited earth; for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 But when these things begin to come to pass, look up, and lift up your heads; because your redemption draws nigh.

Luke 21:34 But take heed to yourselves, lest haply your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and life’s cares, and that day come upon you suddenly as a snare:
35 for so shall it come upon all that dwell on the face of all the earth.
36 But watch at every season, making supplication, that ye may prevail to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Loyal
@PloughBoy
@Waggles

Thank you for providing these verses.

Luke 21:25 and Luke 21:34 particularly spoke to me.

Over the years the phrase, 'man will destroy himself', is one that I have heard time and again, in relation to our manner of life, the demands made on earth's resources, pollution of the atmosphere, the oceans, rivers and the land. Now, with global warming the same phrase is heard, no one appears to take into account the creator of the heavens and the earth, or seek His face.

'Saying, "We give Thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty,
Which art, and wast, and art to come;
because Thou hast taken to Thee Thy great power, and hast reigned.
And the nations were angry, and Thy wrath is come,
and the time of the dead, that they should be judged,
and that Thou shouldest give reward unto Thy servants the prophets,
and to the saints, and them that fear Thy Name, small and great;
and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. ... "'
(Revelation 11:17-18)

May God's will be done.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
2Peter 3:10 But the Lord’s day will come as a thief; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works therein shall be disclosed.
11 Since these things are thus all to be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy living and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the presence of the day of God, by reason of which heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and elements shall melt with fervent heat? [?? nuclear war]
13 But, according to his promise, we look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Loyal
Rev 16:17; Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl upon the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple from the throne, saying, “It is done.”
Rev 16:18; And there were flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder; and there was a great earthquake, such as there had not been since man came to be upon the earth, so great an earthquake was it, and so mighty.
Rev 16:19; The great city was split into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. Babylon the great was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of His fierce wrath.
Rev 16:20; And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
Rev 16:21; And huge hailstones, about one hundred pounds each, came down from heaven upon men; and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, because its plague was extremely severe.

Luke 21:25; “There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves,
Luke 21:26; men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

It's interesting that the Liberals, and Satan want us to be afraid... fearful of everything. ..and yet Jesus Himself said...

Matt 24:6; “You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.

Keep in mind, it's God causing all the plagues in Revelation. Can you stop God?

Loyal
What is going to happen to all those who have been told that God will rapture them BEFORE this tribulation comes upon the world???

Loyal
What is going to happen to all those who have been told that God will rapture them BEFORE this tribulation comes upon the world???

I suspect many of them will think they weren't saved. Many of them will think they missed the rapture. Perhaps some will give up hope.

Matt 24:29; “But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Matt 24:30; “And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory.
Matt 24:31; “And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Mark 13:24; “But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light,
Mark 13:25; and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken.
Mark 13:26; “Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.
Mark 13:27; “And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven.

1Thes 4:16; For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
1Thes 4:17; Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

John 5:28; “Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,
John 5:29; and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Loyal
Sorry guys but the Thread was not discussing or meant to address the "Olivet Discourse" but a "biblical motif" "types & shadows". Of the events happening of this day and age. That is why I did not list any "Scriptures" paragraphs relating to the "Olivet Discourse".

For those who have study the "Olivet Discourse" through out the years, know out of the 2.6 Billion christians through out the world concerning the "Olivet Discourse" every christian have their own "interpretation" of it. Each christian has their view of it. And every denomination within its own house, have multiple interpretation.

So if it is your intention to direct the Thread into a discussion about "The Olivet Discourse" feel free to do so, i will only sit back and observe every now and then. Because i know where it will be going. The same way it has been going since the beginning of the 20th century in a circle where no one is in agreement.:pensive:

Active
Sorry guys but the Thread was not discussing or meant to address the "Olivet Discourse" but a "biblical motif" "types & shadows". Of the events happening of this day and age. That is why I did not list any "Scriptures" paragraphs relating to the "Olivet Discourse".

For those who have study the "Olivet Discourse" through out the years, know out of the 2.6 Billion christians through out the world concerning the "Olivet Discourse" every christian have their own "interpretation" of it. Each christian has their view of it. And every denomination within its own house, have multiple interpretation.

So if it is your intention to direct the Thread into a discussion about "The Olivet Discourse" feel free to do so, i will only sit back and observe every now and then. Because i know where it will be going. The same way it has been going since the beginning of the 20th century in a circle where no one is in agreement.:pensive:
If you listen to Man, you have things like the Olivet Discourse.

If you listen to God,
you trust him no matter!

Loyal
LOL, what planet are you from, may I ask? I originate from earth and use The English Syntax the best I can. I see the English words you use but it do not compute relating to the English syntax of my post #10