• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Analogy of What Love for God Should be Like

Last week, I went with my church's high school choir on a mission trip to Mississippi. We held a sport's camp for children at the church where we'd be staying at. While there, I was shown what my love for Christ should be like, and a display of how He loved me!

Chase, a 5 yr. old boy, became really attached to me as the week went by. We'd play tag together, he'd sit on my lap, we'd ask each other questions and eat snacks together. On the last day of the sport's camp, he would not let me go. He would cling to me, would sit on my lap till my legs went numb, held my hand, hugged me, simply would not let me go. While sitting and chatting, he made 2 options very clear to me:
1. I would either stay in mississippi with him or
2. Bring him to Texas with me
When his dad came to pick him up , he held on to me, and would not let me go, asking his dad over and over again, "Texas?? Daddy, texas?? Texas??" When his dad finally pried him off me, he cried oh so much.

Psalm 63 says:
"[1] Oh God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you;
my sould thirsts for you, my body longs for you in a dry and weary land where there is no water...
[3] Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you...
[6] On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
[8] My soul clings to you..."

This is the desire I should have for Jesus. The words are self-explanatory.
I had to go upstairs for a minute to my room... and while I was up there, Chase searched for me and asked everyone where I was, telling them he needed me.

As this child longed to be with me, I must also long to be with Jesus & I must cling to him... cling to him and never let go, sit on his lap and love on HIM, and think of Him and ask for more of Him.

FUNNY CHASE QUOTES:

"Do you have grocery stores in Texas?"
-Chase (1st grader)

"Do you have phones in Texas?"
-Chase

"I can speak Texan" -Chase
"Oh yeah? Say something." -Me
"Muy Bien" (very well in spanish) -Chase