• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

An Undivided Heart

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. Psalm 86:11 NKJV

Jesus told His disciples something that resonates with many today: "And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. "For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. "But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.” (Luke 12:29-31 NKJV).

Was Jesus saying that you shouldn’t concern yourself with providing for yourself and your family? Not at all! The Bible warns that a man who doesn’t care for his family is “worse than an unbeliever” (1 Timothy 5:8 NIV).

Jesus’ point echoed the words of King David in today’s scripture verse. Yes, a godly man works to care for himself and his family, but he doesn’t allow those tasks to distract him from God. Instead, he relies on God’s faithfulness so that he can keep his heart from becoming divided.

The things you must do in this world can distract you from your relationship with your heavenly Father. So God calls you to set your heart on Him and His eternal kingdom first—and then allow Him to meet your needs here on earth.

Prayer: Father in heaven, as I tend to my responsibilities here on earth, help me stay focused on what’s most important to You.