An Example to Others

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:4)

Staff member
Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

This verse may seem like a tall order. You might struggle with bitterness, question your faith at times, and have daily battles with lust. You don’t feel like you’re able to be an example to other believers. You’re happy if you can hold your own act together enough to escape condemnation and self-doubt.

Don’t give up on yourself. God hasn’t thrown in the towel on you yet, and neither should you. Love and follow God today, and trust that He will continue working in your life and give you the victory in these areas as you cry out to Him to help you. Remember that when Jesus revealed God’s power to Peter, the rough-hewn fisherman pleaded, “Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord” (Luke 5:8).

But Jesus didn’t depart. He continued to work in Peter’s life for the next three years. And even after all that time learning from the Master, Peter denied Him during a time of testing. But Jesus saw that coming, too, and said, “I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers” (Luke 22:32).

If there’s hope for Peter, there’s hope for you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Sue J Love Bible Chat 9
Greg Gordon Devotionals 0
Sue J Love Bible Chat 0