• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Am I saved?

Hello everyone, I have another serious question.
What should I do about evil thoughts ive been having?
I just feel worried that Im not saved and I want to get this out that my thoughts are very evil ranging from Blasphemous thoughts, to fornication, to things I prefer not to name.
Just wondering if its a common thing?
I just get upset and start getting paranoid thinking Im the evil one or abandoned by the Holy spirit.
Thanks and Godbless!

Loyal
I can tell you if your not willing to say these thoughts and claim them in WORDS then they are not yours.

Staff Member
Frank,
do you have good thoughts?
Righteous and pleasing to the Lord?

Psalm 19:14

Bless you ....><>

Frank,
do you have good thoughts?
Righteous and pleasing to the Lord?

Psalm 19:14

Bless you ....><>
Yeah but I do also have bad ones and sometimes I go through backsliding by not reading scriptures like i usually do

Active
I just feel worried that Im not saved and I want to get this out that my thoughts are very evil ranging from Blasphemous thoughts, to fornication, to things I prefer not to name.
I just get upset and start getting paranoid thinking Im the evil one or abandoned by the Holy spirit.
Thanks and Godbless!
We all have evil thoughts. Thoughts and actions are separate matters. Are your actions evil? We are known by our fruits Matt 7:16.

Loyal
Your opening question is -- "Am I saved? " -- have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior? If yes, then Scripture says that you Are. Scripture says that the moment a person Does accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, that the Holy Spirit comes Immediately to indwell them and won't leave until we are safe with Jesus which will happen either upon our death or the rapture takes place. The indwelling Of the Holy Spirit is what gives us the inner peace that we haven't had before.

1 Corinthians 15: 1-3 and Romans 10:9-10. belief in your heart and confession by mouth.

Active
Hi Frank, know exactly how you feel and like you I go through similar bad patches, but I never doubt my faith or salvation. I know and believe that God's love for me is not dependent upon my performance. That's why I chose Jesus and not Allah.

The Bible tells me that no matter how hard I try, God will never be satisfied with my performance-

But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away. Isaiah 64:6 NKJV

Jesus tells us such -
Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ Matthew 7:22‭-‬23 NKJV You can do wonderful miraculous things in Jesus' name but if you haven't accepted Him into your life, it counts for nothing.

In the epistles-

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23 NKJV That's the end of that chapter, there's no buts or ifs.

So why even try? Well if you truly truly love and adore Jesus you'll want to try and please Him. You can do that by avoiding sin and following righteousness. Constant prayer and praise, frequent Bible reading, ask for God's control through His Holy Spirit.

Don't worry about the bad thoughts, Satan tempts and tailors his temptation to your weaknesses. I'm like you, lust is a problem but for others with a low sex drive they'll be tempted with greed, gambling, booze or a host of other indulgences. Put on the whole armour of God, Ephesians 6. On a lighter note, read CS Lewis's Screwtape Letters. A lighthearted account of an apprentice devil temting a guy that's seriously thinking of making a Christian commitment.

Thanks and Godbless!

Blasphemous thoughts, are from the devil. He blasphemy himself, to get you into thinking that you are doomed. You are not doomed, he is leading you astray with his thoughts words and deeds.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

This means he pretends to be perfect and poses as Jesus

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

There is a narrow path to take, he does not want you to take it. Doing the following things will help Our Father.

1 Corinthians 7:32
“But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord.

Luke 5:35
The days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast in those days.

1 Corinthians 11:29-30
For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself if he does not judge the body rightly. For this reason many among you are weak and sick, and a number sleep.

Psalm 92:3With the ten-stringed lute and with the harp, With resounding music upon the lyre.

Stay safe.

Blasphemous thoughts, are from the devil. He blasphemy himself, to get you into thinking that you are doomed. You are not doomed, he is leading you astray with his thoughts words and deeds.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

This means he pretends to be perfect and poses as Jesus

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

There is a narrow path to take, he does not want you to take it. Doing the following things will help Our Father.

1 Corinthians 7:32
“But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord.

Luke 5:35
The days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast in those days.

1 Corinthians 11:29-30
For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself if he does not judge the body rightly. For this reason many among you are weak and sick, and a number sleep.

Psalm 92:3With the ten-stringed lute and with the harp, With resounding music upon the lyre.

Stay safe.
What should I do if I'm stuck in some life of sin.. I need strength somehow to quit being lazy..

their oppressive thoughts, attacks sent by the enemy, demonic attack!! its because uv turned 2 God and become a Christian and satan doesn't want dat so the attacks amp up, just because ur a Christian doesn't mean ur out of the woods yet, Christians still have demons too!! our battle is not against flesh but against principalities and wicked spirits in high places ephesians 6:12 but don't worry as long as u call out 2 God, keep reading ur bible, stop sinning and obey God ull be fine, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me phil 4:13