• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Alternate parable of the sower story.

Loyal
"A sower went out to sow."

Most of you know the rest of it, but the Holy Spirit in me said this to me.....

And there were a group of people who watched the sower sow. Some said he sowed wrong. Some said he should have watered it to make sure it had what it needed. Some said he should have pushed some of the seed down just a bit into the ground. Others said he should have made sure it was good ground before sowing. One man agreed with the others, but hung his head and joined the sower.

Loyal

And there were a group of people who watched the sower sow. Some said he sowed wrong. Some said he should have watered it to make sure it had what it needed. Some said he should have pushed some of the seed down just a bit into the ground. Others said he should have made sure it was good ground before sowing. One man agreed with the others, but hung his head and joined the sower.
[So it would seem to me, that person was Not A "Sower" but a imposter, for a True Sower to me, Knows, his craft.] Remember when referring to a "parable' in The Bible there is only one meaning, but many applications. That is why Jesus took His disciples in private to explain the parables to them.

The Purpose of Jesus' Parables (Mark 4)BSB
"As soon as Jesus was alone with the Twelve and those around Him, they asked Him about the parable. He replied, “The mystery of thekingdom of God has been given to you, but to those on the outside everything is expressed in parables, so that, ‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven.’ ”… :eyes: 'it is not a paradox'

Loyal
Yet Jesus calls him a sower.
Matt 13:3-9
3 Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: “Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”

The sowing involved a bag of seed, and walking slowly, picking handfuls of seed out of the bag and tossing them where the birds might eat the seed, tossing them onto rocky areas, also a problem, thrown amoung thorns also a problem, but scattering them everywhere, he hit some good ground and produced a good crop. The Lord provides the rain. Jesus called the man a sower, regardless of his poor sowing. Likewise in the kingdom of heaven, sowing is more important than not sowing until you can do it the best way.

Billy Graham sowed a lot of seeds, and many flourished for a short time, but with no one taking these new converts under their wing, and disciple them, many fell away. Was Graham a poor sower?

Jesus was casting his "seed" over the whole earth for all time. That is farming; a farmer can not tend every individual plant in a field.

By contrast, we are gardeners, here for a lifetime in our parish, with a few seeds, able to nurture a few seedlings - our neighbours.

Loyal
3 Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: “Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”

The sowing involved a bag of seed, and walking slowly, picking handfuls of seed out of the bag and tossing them where the birds might eat the seed, tossing them onto rocky areas, also a problem, thrown amoung thorns also a problem, but scattering them everywhere, he hit some good ground and produced a good crop. The Lord provides the rain. Jesus called the man a sower, regardless of his poor sowing. Likewise in the kingdom of heaven, sowing is more important than not sowing until you can do it the best way.

Billy Graham sowed a lot of seeds, and many flourished for a short time, but with no one taking these new converts under their wing, and disciple them, many fell away. Was Graham a poor sower?
Hello @Brad Huber,

The seeds of plants are blown in the wind, ingested or carried away by passing animals and people, on their clothing or in their hair, thereby travelling vast distances before finding a place to take root and grow.

We who have been saved by God's grace, through faith. by our walk and witness, are also sending out seeds of faith from the outflow of the word of God, which dwells in us richly: as our delight in Christ Jesus overflows in thanksgiving, and praise. The words of our mouths and the meditation of our hearts being a living testament to the love and grace of God. People we meet take notice, if only inadvertently, and take it away with them, and by the grace of God a seed is thereby sown. Maybe by the grace that is within us, and not by any word of our mouths others will see and be converted.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active

Brother,

You're not to have your own interpretation of the parable when Jesus tells us clearly what HE meant. There are disputes with many things Biblical, but this not one of them. GOD the Holy Spirit is not out to confuse HIS elect. This, as you claim, is not of the Holy Spirit, but of something else. You're missing and misrepresenting the point of the parable. Stick to the unambiguously clear and convincing WORD of God when it is unambiguously clear and convincing.

Blessings

Loyal
Brother,

You're not to have your own interpretation of the parable when Jesus tells us clearly what HE meant. There are disputes with many things Biblical, but this not one of them. GOD the Holy Spirit is not out to confuse HIS elect. This, as you claim, is not of the Holy Spirit, but of something else. You're missing and misrepresenting the point of the parable. Stick to the unambiguously clear and convincing WORD of God when it is unambiguously clear and convincing.

Blessings
The elect are not so easily confused. Call me a liar all you wish, I know that the Lord gave it to me. I am not changing the point of the original parable, so you can calm your desire to find fault. The original parable was for that situation, and still stands on its own. My adding to it, came from the Holy Spirit and is for a more current situation. Shall you put God in a box and tell Him what He can and cannot do?

Active
The elect are not so easily confused. Call me a liar all you wish, I know that the Lord gave it to me. I am not changing the point of the original parable, so you can calm your desire to find fault. The original parable was for that situation, and still stands on its own. My adding to it, came from the Holy Spirit and is for a more current situation. Shall you put God in a box and tell Him what He can and cannot do?
When God spoke in parables, HIS words are all we need, and God told us through HIS witness how HIS words (parables) were to be understood. The understanding of God's parable of the sower is written in scripture as with an iron pen. God's parables are prophetic in nature, and "no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation." 2 Peter 1:20.

Blessings.

Loyal
When God spoke in parables, HIS words are all we need, and God told us through HIS witness how HIS words (parables) were to be understood. The understanding of God's parable of the sower is written in scripture as with an iron pen. God's parables are prophetic in nature, and "no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation." 2 Peter 1:20.

Blessings.
Ahhh, but you fall into the trap of seeing the faith of the first century only for the first century. Jesus spoke in parables, but He never wrote them down, and published millions of copies so that copies would exist even today. You must trust that people back then were led by the Holy Spirit to write what happened. But you "dont" trust the Holy Spirit now. Certainly not in others, and I am not so sure even in yourself.

I will tell you how to know if what something said is from God.... use the Holy Spirit to confirm or deny the truth of what is said. And since you seem unable to do so, your hold onto the Holy Spirit is weak and in much needed repair.

Blessings to you in the way of conviction of the Holy Spirit to Know His leading

Active
Ahhh, but you fall into the trap of seeing the faith of the first century only for the first century. Jesus spoke in parables, but He never wrote them down, and published millions of copies so that copies would exist even today. You must trust that people back then were led by the Holy Spirit to write what happened. But you "dont" trust the Holy Spirit now. Certainly not in others, and I am not so sure even in yourself.

I will tell you how to know if what something said is from God.... use the Holy Spirit to confirm or deny the truth of what is said. And since you seem unable to do so, your hold onto the Holy Spirit is weak and in much needed repair.

Blessings to you in the way of conviction of the Holy Spirit to Know His leading
Brother, I trust the HOLY SPIRIT completely, and HIM living in me gives me discernment of who to trust and what to trust and when when to trust. The mind of man is evil, wicked, and deceitful, able to be easily led astray by the world, the flesh, and the devil. The HOLY SPIRIT in me is telling me that you are deceived and have been led astray by your own private interpretation of God's unambiguous word. Come back to the WORD and agree with its unambiguous writings. My advice to you: REPENT.

Blessings

Loyal
Brother, I trust the HOLY SPIRIT completely, and HIM living in me gives me discernment of who to trust and what to trust and when when to trust. The mind of man is evil, wicked, and deceitful, able to be easily led astray by the world, the flesh, and the devil. The HOLY SPIRIT in me is telling me that you are deceived and have been led astray by your own private interpretation of God's unambiguous word. Come back to the WORD and agree with its unambiguous writings. My advice to you: REPENT.

Blessings
Then you are listening to your fear, not the Holy Spirit. I repent of wrong I do, and this is not wrong. Put down the whip of your tongue, for it doesnt affect me. Thats my advice to you.

Blessings.

Active
Then you are listening to your fear, not the Holy Spirit. I repent of wrong I do, and this is not wrong. Put down the whip of your tongue, for it doesnt affect me. Thats my advice to you.

Blessings.
I have no fear, brother. God has given me a Spirit of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Repent does not just refer to turning from sin; it means change your mind and turn to the truth, and the truth is God's WORD, not your word. You are brother in Christ, so I tell you in truth and in love to stick to the unambiguous WORD of God and lean not on your own understanding and misinterpretations.

Blessings.

Loyal
I have no fear, brother. God has given me a Spirit of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Repent does not just refer to turning from sin; it means change your mind and turn to the truth, and the truth is God's WORD, not your word. You are brother in Christ, so I tell you in truth and in love to stick to the unambiguous WORD of God and lean not on your own understanding and misinterpretations.

Blessings.
I shall pray that God open your eyes.

Blessings

1 Corinthians 3:6-8
Our job is to plant and water.
God gives the increase.
It's each individuals responsibility to fix their own soil.

Loyal
Hello @Brad Huber,

The seeds of plants are blown in the wind, ingested or carried away by passing animals and people, on their clothing or in their hair, thereby travelling vast distances before finding a place to take root and grow.

We who have been saved by God's grace, through faith. by our walk and witness, are also sending out seeds of faith from the outflow of the word of God, which dwells in us richly: as our delight in Christ Jesus overflows in thanksgiving, and praise. The words of our mouths and the meditation of our hearts being a living testament to the love and grace of God. People we meet take notice, if only inadvertently, and take it away with them, and by the grace of God a seed is thereby sown. Maybe by the grace that is within us, and not by any word of our mouths others will see and be converted.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
"and by the Grace of GOD a seed is thereby "watered" and Our Father, "GOD" have given it, an increase.":p Hot Diggity Dog, I like your style, for you have prime my pump and I am "Pumping OiL"! A "Sower" went forth Sowing Seed, and then their came forth a "waterer" who watered that Seed, and Then ANOTHER came, and gave it a "Increase" and that plant grew and produce Fruit, of a Liking Kind..

That Sower was "Jesus", That waterer was you, and That Increaser was "GOD", who is , your Father. Behold follow me, and i will make you a Fishermen of Men! And I will Prune YOU, that you will bear Much Fruit and your Fruit will Remain, forever and ever and never, never..... fade away. For great will be Your reward in HEAVEN!:p "NOW TELL ME SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW! FOR "COMPLETE" , GOD, YOUR FATHER HAS BLESS YOU, FOREVER MORE!

HOT DIGGITY DOG! :p:p:p For I am Crowing, Three times!

Active

if any pastor or prophet/evangelist has large crowds of people following him, run in the other direction.

Loyal
'To conceal truth: Jesus explained, “Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. ... Not everyone was intended to understand Christ's message. He skillfully used parables to throw curve balls and confuse those who were not open to truth.'