• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

All In Love Or Nothing

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:2 NLT

The spectacular gifts, talents, and actions of God’s people can have a way of overshadowing the far more mundane moments of love and mercy shown to others. However, when it comes to the tally that means the most to God, a small act done with pure love is far more important than the great act done for personal gain or other mixed motives. While those able to impress can draw a crowd, those shaped by God’s love and committed to sharing that love are those who impress God.

Do you have insecurities about your talents and accomplishments? Do you struggle with the comparison trap? Paul’s words are good news for you today. The most important thing you can do today in God’s eyes is to love someone, even in the smallest act. Perhaps doing many small acts in great love is the kind of training ground you need.

Before you try out a great act of service to others, it’s preferable to learn what it is to ground your service in love. Then, when you are established in God’s love, you will be prepared to serve others in ways that are meaningful and lasting.

Prayer: Jesus, help me experience the Father’s love for me and Your loving sacrifice for all so that I follow Your example of loving service.