• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Alexis

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Administrator
Staff Member
I Believe:
Alexis
Pennsylvania

In second grade I started going to a Baptist church, and there I was asked if I was saved. I had no idea what that meant, but I said I was. And from that day on I always said I was.

I knew so much about God and the Word, I thought life was grand -- until I woke up and smelled the roses. I was stuck and had no way out. I was at point where God was just someone I used to know and somewhat disliked in this point of my life.

I got into some partying and drinking and things like that. I also got into a relationship that I thought was good -- and it was, for a season. But then it became a really physical relationship, and I lost my virginity and broke a promise that I made to God. Even though I wasn't saved, I had been going to a Christian camp for a few years, and I learned so much about sex and that my body was the temple of God. I knew that it was wrong and did it anyway.

Then I went to work at the same camp in 2000, and I was challenged with so much. But I did so little about it. I went home and went back to my ways and partied a lot and got into some really heavy drinking and smoking.

In January I was on the phone with my brother, and I was at a point were I hated -- really hated -- and didn't want anything to do with God. Adam was like, "It's hard to believe that a Christian could say some of the things that you do."

I got mad at him and didn't talk to him for about four months, but that night I was in my room and I really thought about it. How could I say those things and do what I did if I was saying I was a child of God? I thought for a good long time that night. Then I prayed and told God that I loved Him, that I needed Him, that I knew He was the only way I could get to heaven, and I thanked Him for sending His Son to die for me. Me ... Alexis ... a nobody that hated God and sent Him to that cross in the first place. And that day I was saved: January 29, 2001.

To this day I struggle with so much, and at this point I don't always please God with all that I do. But our God is good and forgiving and so very faithful even when I am not. So to this day I am challenged and I struggle like all humans, but by the grace of God I will and am getting through every day.

You are not alone many of us think we are saved but what is it to be a christian, if we confess we are then we need to act like we are....I am actually saying this about myself because this made me think about myself