• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Actions vs Intentions

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Actions vs Intentions

What is worse, our actions that we perform with wrong intentions, or our right intentions with no actions? Can a man/woman have good actions that they perform and at the same time have wrong intent, and be considered doing good because they are actually at least doing something even though their motive is wrong?

It is very bad to have good actions, and to have the wrong motive when we are doing good!!

The Apostle Paul tells us that even if we give away all that we have, and deliver our body to be burned, and have not love it is useless!! All the good works that anyone does, even laying down ones own life is all for nothing if the intentions are not right!!!

1Co 13:3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

The Lord God does not look at what we are doing in actions as the most important part, he is more interested in “WHY” we do certain things. All good works are worthless unless they are being done with good intents!!! Right intentions followed with right actions is the most important part, and anything else is worthless!!

1Sa 16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for THE LORD SEETH NOT AS MAN SEETH; FOR MAN LOOKETH ON THE OUTWARD APPEARANCE, BUT THE LORD LOOKETH ON THE HEART.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and IS A DISCERNER OF THE THOUGHTS AND INTENTS OF THE HEART.

Pro 21:27 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination; HOW MUCH MORE WHEN HE BRINGS IT WITH EVIL INTENT.

Anybody can have good works in the form of actions, but that means nothing unless the intentions are good to match their action!! What is more important action or intentions? They both must be righteous in the eyes of God before there is any benefit!!
:smile:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chad Devotionals 0
Sue J Love Ethics & Morality 0
K Ethics & Morality 42