• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

A-Verse-A-Day Doctrinal Study - Answers in the Word (not for debate please!)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:2)

Some time ago I put together a brief doctrinal study, with one topic a week (5 days). Each day there is a very brief thought or explanation, and a scripture on a picture background. I based the outline somewhat on the book "Systematic Theology" by Wayne Grudem. (I highly recommend that book, although there were some areas where I did not agree 100% with his view, yet he was thorough in covering "other arguments".)

I would gladly discuss any of these points in another thread, but not here please! My plan is to post one verse a day, M-F, following the outline.

Of course, with only one scripture reference per day, this is not an in-depth study but just an overview to inspire us to more personal study of the Word of God.

Last edited:
The topic for this week is “doctrine”. Many voices tell us many things. How can we tell what is true?

First things first... become a spiritual person by coming to Christ and being regenerated: a new heart and mind.

1 Corinthians 2:14

Deception often comes when people leave the simple, firm foundations on which they have been established – instruction obtained by reading the Word of God and teaching from true believers. If we know the Lord and sincerely desire truth we will not fail.

2 Timothy 3:13-14

There is safety found in a working Christian community with godly leadership - we can be built up in faith and not easily carried away by false doctrine.

1 Thessalonians 5:11-13

We need to have a sincere and pure devotion to Christ ... this will help us guard against falling into an "intellectual" trap where we reason away the pure truths of the Word.

2 Corinthians 11:3-4

Week 2: The Doctrine of the Word of God: Clarity of Scripture

The next topic is The Word of God, with this week focusing on Clarity of Scripture. This doctrine states that the bible is clear enough to guide each one of us who are truly seeking and willing to follow the wisdom of God.

Even the "simple" can be made wise!

When people are blind to the gospel, it is not because the scriptures are unclear but rather that their eyes are turned toward the god of this world.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4

The writings of the apostles are not some fanciful, mysterious tales which are hard to understand, but rather the simple truths which they learned from Jesus Christ, and which the Holy Spirit later brought to their remembrance.

2 Peter 1:16

God's Word is not so hard to understand that it takes a degree or a mature Christian to read it. Even babes in Christ can read the pure, undiluted Word of God and grow by it!

1 Peter 2:2

Week 3: The Doctrine of the Word of God: Sufficiency of Scripture

This week we will be focusing on the doctrine of "Sufficiency of Scripture". This tells us that God's Word contains everything we need for salvation and for living a victorious Christian life. We are fully equipped for spiritual strength and growth!

2 Timothy 3:16-17

Week 4: The Doctrine of the Word of God: Authority of Scripture

This week we will study "The authority of Scripture". This means that all the words in scripture are God's words and to disbelieve or disobey any word of Scripture is to disobey God. We are to look to the Bible as the final authority.

John 12:48

One aspect of God's authority (as opposed to man's authority) is that the Word of God is absolute truth - whether He is promising blessings to the righteous or judgment to the evildoer.

Proverbs 30:5