• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

A Treasure Hunt

Active
I remember going on a treasure hunt as a child. Do you? I was so happy every time I discovered where something was hidden. The excitement of the hunt was overwhelming! I couldn't wait to get home and sort it all out. Sitting on my bedroom floor, with all my treasure laid out in front of me; I picked up one item at a time, somehow knowing what I would do with it. Not realizing with my young mind, I was basically asking myself, how will this item I've discovered benefit my life?

Now that I'm an adult, I still go on treasure hunts. As a matter of fact, I go on one every day! And every day I discover something new! I don't have to wait on an appointed time to go on a treasure hunt. I can go anytime I want, because when I start to read the Bible, the treasure hunt begins. The Bible is full of hidden treasure (promises from God). I just have to discover it. The more I read the Bible, the more treasure I find. God's promises are for all His children. But as a child of God, we have to hunt for them. If we never read the Bible, we will never discover what He wants for us. 2 Peter 1:4-Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. Every answer to any question you will ever have is found in the Bible. The solution to any problem in our lives is found somewhere in the Bible.

No one had to force me to go on a treasure hunt when I was a child. I knew I would discover something. I knew if I kept searching, I WOULD find something. Reading the Bible every day is like going on a treasure hunt. I know if I keep searching, I will discover God's promises. We can't depend on other people to tell us about God's promises. We have to discover them for ourselves. The more treasure (God's promises) you find, the more excited you will become. You will begin to understand how to apply each promise to your life and recognize the benefits.

Did you go on a treasure hunt today? What treasure (promises of God) did you discover? We want to hear about it !

Lord, take us on a treasure hunt through the pages of Your Word. May we discover Your precious promises every day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Love in Christ,
Jan :)