• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

A Strong Refuge

Staff Member
The LORD is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him. Nahum 1:7 NLT

Nahum had a difficult message for the people of Nineveh. The Lord was angry with Assyria for forcing the Jews to pay tribute or send presents to the king, so judgment was coming. But not for those who trusted in the Lord. He was a strong refuge for those who were close to Him. He still is.

Imagine you woke up to a home invasion and your children were at risk down the hall. Is there anything you wouldn’t do to protect them? That’s true no matter how upset you might have been with your children for some form of disobedience the night before. Nothing they could do would keep you from offering them a refuge in such a desperate moment, right? So it is with God.

You haven’t lived a perfectly obedient life. In fact, you sin against the Lord and fellow humans every day. But you long for the day when this is no longer the case. Don’t let your sin keep you from running to God during difficult times. He loves you and wants to offer His loving arm of protection.

Prayer: Lord, I stand in awe of Your judgment and am humbled by Your mercy. Thank You for providing a safe place for me so I can escape the day of wrath.