• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

A Steadfast Faith

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
My eye wastes away because of affliction. LORD, I have called daily upon You; I have stretched out my hands to You. Psalm 88:9

Psalm 88 is a lament. The psalmist starts by pouring out his heart to the Lord, the God of his salvation, and he goes on to express the depths of his despair. He even seems to believe that God is the cause of it, saying He has laid him in the lowest pit, afflicted him, and put away his acquaintances, leaving him isolated. But that doesn't stop him from calling out to God.

Does your faith look similar when you're in the depths of despair? Are you able to be honest with the Lord, telling Him that your burden is heavy but that you will continue to seek Him every day? Or is your faith unable to hold up under such pressure? You'll know the answer to these questions if you tend to pull away from Him during difficult times.

If you want a faith that endures, continue seeking God even when you don't understand what He's up to. Trust Him with your circumstances. Trust Him with your future. Believe that He has your best interests at heart--that is, purifying you and helping you grow.

Prayer: Father, I often don't understand my circumstances. But I'm resolved to seek You face every day, regardless, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sue J Love Devotionals 0
Sue J Love Bible Discussions 0
Sue J Love Bible Discussions 0