• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

A saving faith vs a dead faith

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

In James 2:17 we are shown that someone can have a faith but still end up in Hell. A dead faith.

James 2:17 KJV "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."

Thus we can infer there is a living, real, saving faith that will actually save us (by the grace of God).

In James chapter 2 it shows some of the signs of a dead faith, such as not helping someone who, within your sphere of influence, is in need of clothing or food, and you do not provide that for them and you are well able to.

So what are some other signs of a dead faith? And what about signs of a living/saving faith?

I'll list some I can think of, post any that you can think of in the comments please and thank you!

Dead faith: living willfully in sin, disobedient unto God, living an "effeminate life: meaning "it denotes those who give themselves up to a soft, luxurious, and indolent way of living; who make self-indulgence the grand object of life; who can endure `no hardship, and practice no self-denial in the cause of duty and of God" (quote from Albert Barnes commentary on 1 Corinthians 6:9-10),

Saving faith: lives a holy and righteous life, obedient unto God, bears good fruit for Christ and His cause (many ways to do this, ex: encouraging your brothers and sisters etc. or walking more and more perfectly according to God's will etc. etc.), helps those in need (gives to those who ask), practices self denial, does not love the world or things in the world, offers up spiritual sacrifices unto God, walks in faith (meaning whatever you do is without doubt that it is right with God)

Last edited by a moderator:
Active
BlessedCreator. Do you believe you are saved by faith alone? Yes or no?

Lots of people here I noticed come from cults like JWs, Mormons, UPCI to post their nonsense.

Active
Dead faith: living willfully in sin, disobedient unto God, living an "effeminate life: meaning "it denotes those who give themselves up to a soft, luxurious, and indolent way of living; who make self-indulgence the grand object of life; who can endure `no hardship, and practice no self-denial in the cause of duty and of God" (quote from Albert Barnes commentary on 1 Corinthians 6:9-10),
How can someone have faith and willfully in sin? Give me some examples. It can never happen. If you have faith, you want to live a holy life and you want to obey God but just because you failed does not mean you have dead faith.

Hello BlessedCreator,

"In James chapter 2 it shows some of the signs of a dead faith, such as not helping someone who, within your sphere of influence, is in need of clothing or food, and you do not provide that for them and you are well able to."

You are injecting your own thoughts here.

We must understand the times which James wrote. He was a Jew talking to other Jewish believers steep into Jewish law, to which at that time were called Judaizers. They believed Mosaic laws still needed to be obeyed and were compelling other Jewish believers to do so. The Apostle Paul preached against this.

Galatians 2:11-12 - But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

This means Faith plus nothing.

John 15:4 - Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

In Christ, we bear fruit.