• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

A Rod of Iron

Loyal
Psa 2:9; 'You shall break them with a rod of iron, You shall shatter them like earthenware.'"
Rev 2:27; AND HE SHALL RULE THEM WITH A ROD OF IRON, AS THE VESSELS OF THE POTTER ARE BROKEN TO PIECES, as I also have received authority from My Father;
Rev 12:5; And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne.
Rev 19:15; From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.

It seems many times when we see paintings of Jesus from medieval times, He is frail, "sensitive", usually very
thin, sometimes even "tired" looking.

But this is the same Jesus who turned over tables and drove the money lenders from the temple.
This is the same Jesus who carried a cross halfway up Golgotha (no one even knows where this really was
anymore, thought to be the church of the Holy Sepulchre)
Jesus was a carpenter. ( Mark 6:3; ) No power tools in those days. No tractors and cranes. Jesus was likely
in decent shape. He was in His early 30's during His ministry (and death).

This Jesus who we sometimes view as soft and frail... He is coming back... When He does everything will be
different. The Bible says He will rule on the earth for 1,000 years. ( Rev 20:4-7; )

Many think this will be a time of peace and everyone will love Jesus... but I don't see this in the Bible.
It says when Jesus is ruling the earth... He will rule "with a rod of iron". Satan will be bound in a pit during
this 1,000 years, but eventually he will be let loose for a while. Even with Satan out of the picture for 1,000
years there will still be rebellion. In fact after the 1,000 years is over... Satan raises up an army "the number of them is like the sand of the seashore" ( Rev 20:8; ) to fight against Jesus and the saints.

But the Bible says Jesus will rule "with a rod of iron" in several verses. (One is a prophecy in Psalm)

Loyal
Not only will Jesus rule with a "rod of iron" but also all that overcome shall also rule with the same rod.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.